You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

passing lights
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

BostonVaughn
Posted 2009-12-12 9:46 PM (#49606)
Subject: passing lights

Puddle Jumper

Middleboro Ma
The catalog for the XC does not show passing / highway lights/ light bar for the XC, but the dealer said there is , since he included it on my order. The bike shows up in 2 weeks. I not sure it will have them. Any body have any insight about this?

PS==midnight cherry
Top of the page Bottom of the page
elvis441
Posted 2009-12-13 7:34 AM (#49613 - in reply to #49606)
Subject: Re: passing lights

Cruiser

Houston, TX
Good question. Let us know how that turns out. Some dealers have no idea what is and isn't compatible with each bike.
randyyo
Posted 2009-12-13 11:38 AM (#49622 - in reply to #49606)
Subject: RE: passing lights

Puddle Jumper

Leduc Alberta Canada
For the Cross Country there is no light bar yet.
They only have Pia lights that mount to the engine guards - same as one set of highway pegs.
The Cross Roads does have one.
Randy
Road Runner
Posted 2010-04-15 2:11 PM (#57599 - in reply to #49622)

Puddle Jumper

Oppelo, Arkansas
The Mechanic at my dealer modified the Vision's Fog Lights to mount on the Cross Country's Engine Guard where the Footpegs mount. This was for another customers bike and it looks nice. If Victory doesn't come out with a light bar for the Cross Country soon, I'm going to get him to install those on mine. Wish I had pics of it.
Davejd
Posted 2010-07-19 11:29 AM (#64843 - in reply to #49606)

New user

I added two lights attached to where the foot peg (don't need foot pegs) go and had cycle dragon wire them, LOVE em!! switch on the dash for on and off
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2010-07-19 5:52 PM (#64855 - in reply to #49606)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Dave, you have any photos?
mikea1126
Posted 2011-01-09 7:45 PM (#76947 - in reply to #49606)

New user

Check out Motolights. I've had these for years and love them. They have different mounting options but for the CC they have the mounting at the brake calipers.

www.motolight.com
Road Runner
Posted 2011-01-09 8:24 PM (#76951 - in reply to #76947)

Puddle Jumper

Oppelo, Arkansas

mikea1126 - 2011-01-09 7:45 PM Check out Motolights. I've had these for years and love them. They have different mounting options but for the CC they have the mounting at the brake calipers. www.motolight.com

Mike, do you have pics that you could post of the Motolights mounted on your CC?

VRat
Posted 2011-01-10 9:44 AM (#76976 - in reply to #49606)

Cruiser

Lehigh Valley, Pa
On my XC I mounted my lights up under the guards. Real clean and easy install.

(XC04b.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments XC04b.jpg (86KB - 11 downloads)
Road Runner
Posted 2011-01-10 6:35 PM (#77009 - in reply to #76976)

Puddle Jumper

Oppelo, Arkansas

Mine are mounted on the guard where the footpegs mount. These are the Fog Lights for the Vision.

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2011-02-08 9:30 AM (#78957 - in reply to #49606)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
At the IMS show in NYC, Victory had a lightbar on a X-Roads. I asked about it and they said it was just a prototype, not ready for sale. I didn't think it went perfectly with the lines of the bike. The bar had pancake-style light buckets similar to the old '99 v92c's lightbar. I didn't think it looked right next to the angular shape of the XR headlight. If they came out with a lightbar that had smaller versions of the headlight on each side it would be killer!
prov1xc
Posted 2011-04-16 1:40 PM (#84123 - in reply to #49606)

Puddle Jumper

check out kewlmetal.com they have some nice lights, mount on highway peg mounts! i put the vision highway pegs on my xc they fit &mount to floor boards feel more comfortable than on crash bars
Gil
Posted 2011-08-08 10:47 AM (#92901 - in reply to #49606)

New user

The Victory Police motorcycles have lights mounted on the turnsignal mount. Here is a link to the page showing the lights and brackets - top right photo.
http://www.victorypolicemotorcycles.com/lightingoptions.html
I emailed Mike Shultz [mike@victorypolicemotorcycles.com] and he says the light brackets are available for sale.

Clearwater Co. makes high powered LED driving lights that really light up your bike. No way you will not be seen by drivers. Here is a link to the Web Bikes review of these lights.
http://www.webbikeworld.com/lights/motorcycle-led-driving-lights/

Gil

Slappy
Posted 2013-06-27 10:55 AM (#140974 - in reply to #49606)

Puddle Jumper

I added these high intensity LED lamps.  The white ones attach to the XCT crash bar using 1 inch conduit hangers available at Lowes or Home Depot. Lights are cheap at &9.59 each and very bright.  Only drawback is the 3 week shipping time from China - got them here

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Bullet-Motorcycle-Chrome-LED-Headlight-12V-p-44278.html

The amber lamps are Skene Design Photon Blasters that are effective as DRL's and really stand out during the day.  Mounts to the brake caliper mounting bolt.  A bit pricey at $139. with alert feature (lamps rapidly strobe when brake lever tapped twice) and can be obtained here: http://www.lights.skenedesign.com/Photon_Booster.shtml

Seems like over kill but we can't underestimate the stupidity of the multi-taskers behind the wheels of cages.  

Edited by Slappy 2013-06-27 11:18 AM

(all DL on.jpg)

(DL off.jpg)

(DL on.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments all DL on.jpg (165KB - 5 downloads)
Attachments DL off.jpg (154KB - 6 downloads)
Attachments DL on.jpg (185KB - 3 downloads)
DirtyDan69
Posted 2013-10-20 7:51 AM (#146881 - in reply to #49606)

Puddle Jumper

Nice options all. Too bad I can't view the police motorcycles site. They are still using that old antique flash software and it's not viewable on my iPad.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™