You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cross Roads or Cross Country?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Travelin Man
Posted 2009-12-24 10:29 PM (#50175)
Subject: Cross Roads or Cross Country?

Iron Butt

Next year I will be in the enviable position of being able to get a second bike, what I refer to as an "around town" bike as it's primary use will be local riding (less than a day ride) and for commuting/errands. I am debating a few different bikes and the Victorys that I am considering are the Cross Roads and the Cross Country. I like the idea of the fairing with stereo and iPod connection in the XC, but the XR appeals to me in that you can remove the windshield and get the full wind in the face experience, I have a '08 Victory Vision Tour Premium that am using right now for all riding but I would like to try keeping the yearly milage on the Vision down to around 10K to 15K as I plan on have it for at least 10 years (2010 will be my third full riding season on the Vision). I am also considering a much smaller bike with ABS in the new (to the United States) Honda NT700V as well as new Honda VX1300T Tourer but these really do not compare to the XR or the XC due simply to size, weight, and features.I know I shouldn't say this on a forum but all opinions are welcome..........One question on the XR, does it come standard with the cruise control or it is a dealer installed option?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Big Vic
Posted 2009-12-25 7:55 AM (#50188 - in reply to #50175)
Subject: Re: Cross Roads or Cross Country?

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
The cruise control is a dealer installed option on the XR, it is either $299 or $399 I can't remember for sure. I might have a biased opinion but based on what you want the bike for I would definitely go with the XR. I can think of no other bike that will carry as much "stuff" while you are commuting or running errands. Then there is the style, power, handling, comfort........................on and on.
elvis441
Posted 2009-12-25 9:22 AM (#50194 - in reply to #50175)

Cruiser

Houston, TX
The VTX will seem like a light bike to you and doesn't corner like the vision or the cross bikes. I too would recommend the XR for what you are describing. JMHO
Travelin Man
Posted 2009-12-25 11:40 PM (#50215 - in reply to #50175)

Iron Butt

I used to have a '03 VTX 1800C/N with the Hoppe fairing and Corbin Beetlebags, it was a heavy beast with lots of power (especially with the V&H Bigshots and Barons intake!) but it handled like a pig and road very rough. I sold it in August of last year after trading in my '03 GL1800 Goldwing for the Vision and have been regretting not having a second bike to do the short hops on. From what I have seen in person and what I have researched I've narrowed the field down to between the Cross Roads and the Honda NT700V, but I'm leaning more towards the Cross Roads as it has much bigger saddlebags and the ability to install a factory accessory cruise control. Keep the suggestions coming as I have at least 6 months before I buy anything.
Big Vic
Posted 2009-12-26 7:03 AM (#50218 - in reply to #50175)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
That lady standing next to the Cross Roads on the homepage is my wife. She's about 5'8" and weighs 126 lbs. She just came off a Kingpin and thinks the XR feels "light" in comparison. She can't believe how well it corners and handles at slow speeds. She has no trouble getting it off the stand, walking the bike around or backing it up. Nuff said..........my biased vote goes to the XR.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™