You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

No Hydraulic Clutch Available for XR or XC
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Big Vic
Posted 2009-12-31 8:11 AM (#50433)
Subject: No Hydraulic Clutch Available for XR or XC

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
I ordered a Hyd. Clutch for my wife's XR but it was not installed yet as I was waiting for all the parts to come in before I brought it back to the dealer. Well, yesterday I got a call from the dealer telling me it did NOT fit. I know there is not one listed in the catalog but I was told by a Victory Engineer that 2876299-266 would fit so I ordered it. Long story short there is not one currently available but the rep from Victory did tell my dealer that they should have one out buy summer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BostonVaughn
Posted 2010-01-02 4:00 PM (#50546 - in reply to #50433)
Subject: Re: No Hydraulic Clutch Available for XR or XC

Puddle Jumper

Middleboro Ma
What is the overall cost -if I may -to order & have dealer install--also would it void any part of the warrenty ?

Big Vic
Posted 2010-01-02 6:38 PM (#50559 - in reply to #50433)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
I think it retailed for $400. The dealer installation for me was part of the deal when I bought the bike. You will have to work out the price and installation cost with your dealer. With that said you may want to wait until summer when the correct one becomes available. The one I ordered is a Victory part and will actually work if you run the cable down the left side instead of the right side. The Hyd Clutch I ordered was missing pieces anyway so I said screw it. My wife thinks the clutch pulls easy enough for her just the way it is.
BostonVaughn
Posted 2010-01-03 1:40 PM (#50612 - in reply to #50433)

Puddle Jumper

Middleboro Ma
I have carpel tunnel & arthitis in both hand (years of jack hammering) and a "easy clutch" is a must. I tried the one on the dealer Cross County at the open house and felt it would not be an issue down the road. Still waiting on delivery. Also still waiting on the snow to stop falling!!
Big Vic
Posted 2010-01-03 3:35 PM (#50621 - in reply to #50433)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Weather sucks in Iowa too. Yesterday morning was -13 deg and warmed all the way up to +4 deg. Today is a little better at +8 degs. but still way too cold to ride.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™