You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cycle World I.M.S.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Arkainzeye
Posted 2010-01-29 7:50 PM (#52314)
Subject: Cycle World I.M.S.

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
So tomorrow im going to the cleveland international motorcycle show in cleveland ohio, Hosted by Cycle world. What do i read..? NO Victory... They only are going to 3 of the shows out of a list of them.. Can Victory really afford to NOT go to these shows? Are they really that big that they dont need for people to see the Victory line up?

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/OEM

Top of the page Bottom of the page
freezeradio
Posted 2010-01-29 10:14 PM (#52320 - in reply to #52314)
Subject: Re: Cycle World I.M.S.

Cruiser

Oswego,, Illinois,USA
I heard no show for Chicgo also. Not good . We will have to wait and see this companies reason for missing this veniue???
Arkainzeye
Posted 2010-01-30 7:31 AM (#52336 - in reply to #52314)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I'm bummed as you can tell. I have friends going up there that Don know the victory brand to well. One would think that If your such a Young company with all this money invested in new models like the two new touring bikes and now the Vegas le, you'd want people to maybe know about them? Or at least one would think so... ya know? I hate how when someone asks me what I ride and I say a victory, I get... who makes those?????
freezeradio
Posted 2010-01-30 2:33 PM (#52373 - in reply to #52336)

Cruiser

Oswego,, Illinois,USA
American's make Victories
Big Vic
Posted 2010-01-30 5:42 PM (#52380 - in reply to #52314)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
There are many ways to advertise, the show is only one way. With sales off so bad I'm sure Victory (just like everyone else) has to choose where their best bang for the buck is. Two years ago the company I work for decided not to go to the our biggest trade show of the year. Were we missed............yes! Did our customer notice..........yes! Did people quit buying our products or think we went out of business.........NO! We used the $250,000 that we normally blow on the show in other places like R&D and dealer incentives. When income goes down so must expenses.
Zzoomn
Posted 2010-01-30 5:45 PM (#52381 - in reply to #52314)

New user

I don't know about Chicago or Cleveland, but at the DC show a couple of weeks ago a local dealer stepped up and brought a sample of almost every model even though Victory wasn't "officially" attending. The dealer did a great job. Maybe it will be the same for you.
hightec
Posted 2010-01-30 8:41 PM (#52386 - in reply to #52314)

New user

I went to the Cleveland show only two used Vics. Kinda sucks
wjoel
Posted 2010-01-30 9:30 PM (#52393 - in reply to #52314)
Subject: RE: Cycle World I.M.S.

Tourer

Northeastern Penna.
I don't know if that information is correct, but I just went to the show last weekend at the Javits Center in NYC. The show was so packed and there were tons of people at every manufacturers tent, especially Victory's.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2010-01-31 10:05 AM (#52408 - in reply to #52314)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I went to the cleveland show yesterday, it was soooo bad I probably won't return next year. To me it seemed more about the cheesy little vendors selling junk than about the motorcycles/ new motorcycles.
VisionTex
Posted 2010-01-31 10:14 AM (#52413 - in reply to #52408)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Not only motorcycle show, but also car shows. Went to the one in Houston yesterday...a lot of people, but the shows are really not impressive anymore. Everyone is feeling the pinch and cutting back.
radioteacher
Posted 2010-01-31 11:05 AM (#52418 - in reply to #52314)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
I was ticked when I found out the IMS did not even have a Houston show in 2009. I guess that they are cutting back as well.

Arkainzeye
Posted 2010-01-31 11:18 AM (#52421 - in reply to #52418)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
well im glad my opinon wasnt alone.. when i was leaving the cycleWorld MC show i heard people leaving saying it was lame. if it hasnt come to your town yet, you might want to rethink it.. this one was LAME.... i didnt go to it to look like key chairs and useless junk i could buy online.. lol
Fastfred
Posted 2010-02-01 12:53 PM (#52474 - in reply to #52314)

Cruiser

mansfield, MA United States
That is to bad. They really had a good booth at the NY show. It was so full you couldn't move at times.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2010-02-01 3:26 PM (#52484 - in reply to #52314)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
yeah victory only choose 3 places to go to on the Cycle world tour. i guess its better than not going at all. ? maybe?
Mudge
Posted 2010-02-01 6:35 PM (#52495 - in reply to #52314)

Tourer

20 miles west of Chicago.
They're not going to be at the Chicago show, but the local dealer will have a booth, and in place of a presence at the show, Victory is going to have the trailer, demo bikes, and techs at the dealership twice this year. In the past they've had the trailer at the dealership only once. Don't know the rationale behind it, but they can't have test rides at the IMS show (Weather...), but will have them at the dealership when the trailer shows up in warmer weather. I think that test rides will sell more bikes than just display bikes at the show, and if Victory has determined that to be the case, it might explain the change.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™