You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Knock-Knock
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

epf
Posted 2010-03-25 10:35 PM (#55627 - in reply to #52401)
Subject: Re: Knock-Knock

New user

I'm in So Cal and have wonderful weather -- but have been working long hours so... I've had the bike about four weeks and have about 750 miles on it. Planning a 300-400 mile ride on Saturday with my brother (HD rider). Then, for fun, we're planning a trip to Sturgis this summer.

Ed

Edited by epf 2010-03-25 10:37 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
glock22cm
Posted 2010-04-04 9:42 PM (#56668 - in reply to #52401)

New user

Had my XC about a week and have over 400 miles on it. Want a bit taller windshield but don't want the tall one from Victory. Something along the lines of about 2" taller would be sweet. Got the black graphite with the skulls and love it!!!
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2010-04-05 7:57 PM (#56736 - in reply to #56668)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
glock22cm - 2010-04-04 9:42 PM

Had my XC about a week and have over 400 miles on it. Want a bit taller windshield but don't want the tall one from Victory. Something along the lines of about 2" taller would be sweet. Got the black graphite with the skulls and love it!!!

I demo'd a XC with the taller shield. It did a nice job of reducing buffeting wind but I didn't like the look of it. It seemed to tall whereas the stock shield fit the lines of the bike.

(IMG_0365.jpg)

(IMG_0364.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0365.jpg (64KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0364.jpg (73KB - 0 downloads)
zork52
Posted 2010-04-07 7:00 AM (#56853 - in reply to #52401)
Subject: RE: Knock-Knock

Puddle Jumper

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Big Vic,

I'm currently a JP owner and just rented the XR over the weekend. Great bike, five star handling.

Two concerns.

1. The "floor" of the hardbags get VERY warm. Has anyone heard from Victory themselves on this?
Does the XC do the same?

2. Do the chubby bars offered give you more flexibility? I didn't like the stock posistion and could crack loose the adjust screws and didn't want to tamper too much with the rental.

3. I rode a day without the "too tall for me" windshield. NICE
Big Vic
Posted 2010-05-11 6:41 PM (#59647 - in reply to #52401)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
I've been out for a while................busy at work, riding the bikes, yard work, tip to Vegas and so on so I'm sorry for a very late response.

1. I have never noticed the warm saddle bag floor yet.........I will ask my wife to watch out for it.

2. The chubby bars only look different but sit the same as the stock bars. We ordered them hoping to reduce to reach for my wife. No such luck so we sent them back.

3. Great! If you don't own a X bike yet you should. They are some great handling bikes with plenty of power.
mrvic10
Posted 2010-05-12 3:16 PM (#59716 - in reply to #52401)

New user

I've had my CC now for about a month. Had it out a few times, but the weather has been nasty. Rain. Cold. Then in the 80's. What gives?! No matter. I have the aftermarket w/s fitted just right for me. Victory's is either too short, or you have to wait too long to get one! BTW, love Victory bikes ... have had a TC, a Kingpin, and now the CC. All just great. Reliable. Stylish. Fast. Comfortable. Just wish Victory would spend a little more time working out their gear -- leathers, helmets, boots, gloves, plus all the other stuff a proud owner would want. HD makes a living off this stuff!
Road Runner
Posted 2010-05-13 12:39 PM (#59788 - in reply to #52401)

Puddle Jumper

Oppelo, Arkansas
I'm here! Been busy riding. Temps here in the south has been in the 70's and 80's. Love the CC!!!
Road Runner
Posted 2010-05-13 12:52 PM (#59789 - in reply to #56736)

Puddle Jumper

Oppelo, Arkansas

Jedi Jeff - 2010-04-05 7:57 PM glock22cm - 2010-04-04 9:42 PM Had my XC about a week and have over 400 miles on it. Want a bit taller windshield but don't want the tall one from Victory. Something along the lines of about 2" taller would be sweet. Got the black graphite with the skulls and love it!!! I demo'd a XC with the taller shield. It did a nice job of reducing buffeting wind but I didn't like the look of it. It seemed to tall whereas the stock shield fit the lines of the bike.The 9" stock Windshield was letting wind hit me right in the face. I got an 11" from Cee Bailey's and it put the wind at the top of my head now. I also just look over it. Perfect for me.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/victory/victory_2010_ws.html
WyoHammer
Posted 2010-05-13 8:25 PM (#59811 - in reply to #52401)

Puddle Jumper

Cheyenne, Wyoming
OK OK

Now I can Bitch About the weather.
I just finilized the purchase of a new Midnight Cherry CC the first bike a New Victory Dealer has sold.
The new Victory of Cheyenne Wyoming.

FYI they have 3 more black CC and one more Cherry.

On the truck not yet in the dealership. should be next week so the story goes.

OK now bring on the sunshine.

WyoHammerman
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2010-05-14 7:59 PM (#59888 - in reply to #59811)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
WyoHammer - 2010-05-13 8:25 PM

OK OK

Now I can Bitch About the weather.
I just finilized the purchase of a new Midnight Cherry CC the first bike a New Victory Dealer has sold.
The new Victory of Cheyenne Wyoming.

FYI they have 3 more black CC and one more Cherry.

On the truck not yet in the dealership. should be next week so the story goes.

OK now bring on the sunshine.

WyoHammerman

Congrats! I hope you have a great time with it. Let's see a photo of you and your bike.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™