You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Stage One Kit
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

Posted 2010-02-04 10:54 AM (#52644)
Subject: Stage One Kit

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
I'm considering adding a stage one kit to my XC. I've heard that it will improve performance and possibly give a little more power.
My questions are: What is included in a Stage One Kit? What improvements if any will I get from the Stage One Kit? And, is there any other modifications that you might suggest to improve my ride?
Thanks for the info in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Glock
Posted 2010-02-04 4:58 PM (#52666 - in reply to #52644)
Subject: RE: Stage One Kit

Cruiser

Items included are slip on pipes, easy breath air filter and a factory down load.

I am waiting on this to see if Victory cleaned up the popping on decel.

Glock
Posted 2010-02-04 7:04 PM (#52677 - in reply to #52644)
Subject: Re: Stage One Kit

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
How is this suppose to improve performance?
Big Vic
Posted 2010-02-05 5:44 AM (#52702 - in reply to #52644)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Pipes and filter basically opens the bike so it can breath easier (more air) The download is a new fuel map (more fuel) This simply stated is More Gas + More Air = More Power. I don't know for sure how much more yummy this will give the X-bikes but my guess is it will be good for somewhere around 10HP and 10 Ft Lbs. of torque. The added bonus here is your bike will sound much better than stock. The X-Bike Stage 1 Kit sounds a lot like the Vision Stage 1 Kit. It has a nice deep throaty sound but is not overly loud. If you take it easy on the gas you will not offend anybody but you'll know it has some power when you crack the throttle. I can't say for sure about the popping which seems to be common with the Vision. I have not noticed this on my wife's CR yet but we have not ridden the bike much (on and of the trailer from the dealer) since the pipes were put on. If this white shit called snow would ever quit we might be able to try it out.
Posted 2010-02-05 9:09 AM (#52709 - in reply to #52644)

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
Big Vic, Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to try a Stage One Kit.
alanrdking
Posted 2010-02-08 3:08 AM (#52885 - in reply to #52644)

Puddle Jumper

south central Pa.
Anybody use a powercommander or aftermarket pipes instead of the factory stuff,seems like alot of added expense to go back to the dealer every time you change something.I have used them on my H-Ds with good results no more backfire or really annoying surging.If D and D is now developing Vision exhaust should not be to long before Cross exhaust is here.D and D is about the best at making power without to much noise,IMO.IF the aftermarket will start to notice Victory,Victory will have to get going to make thier own products.I don't knowabout you guys but I love to tinker with my rides and love to have alot of choices,not just what the factory can come up with,keep in mind the factories have to make eveything EPA proof.
Posted 2010-02-08 11:06 PM (#52947 - in reply to #52644)

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
alanrdking/Big Vic, I had the stage one put on my ride and their is no poping at all. I'm also considering a Corbin Fleetliner Trunk to put on my OME luggage rack. I think the Corbin style fits great with the theam of the CC. Sleek and stylish without the boxy look. I also prefer the Cobra Fi2000 to the Power Commander. I've had both and think the Fi2000 is a much better product. Sorry Victory, you snooze you loose. Get with the program and produce things you know customers will want, i.e., saddlebag guards, trunks (for YOUR touring bikes), etc. before your after market competitors or you're going to loose our after market business. Oh, I forgot. You don't even have people at non-customer service who know motorcycles, only four wheelers and snow mobiles.
ncstedo
Posted 2010-02-10 10:23 AM (#53017 - in reply to #52644)

Puddle Jumper

ditto. Although I only have 300 miles on the bike, compliments of Mother Nature, I have expereinced absolutely no pop at all. Increased power over stock? Tough for me to say. Didnt pre-ride it to behonest. Not sorry about that at all though! Power? ABSOLUTELY! Sound? That is deeper, throatier, obnoxious? by no means. Dont honestly think it could be construde as that. ever. I would like a little more sound but it is what it is.
Captain
Posted 2010-02-10 11:13 AM (#53021 - in reply to #52644)

Puddle Jumper

you can also check out RPW for aftermarket pipes.
Posted 2010-02-11 9:29 AM (#53091 - in reply to #52644)

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
I agree completly with ncstedo. I believe that all manufactures are trying to produce OME parts to stay in line with EPA standards; ergo, the quite pipes. Some states are checking to see that pipes are OME and giving citations for those that are not. When they apply noise standards to all vehicles across the board, then maybe, just maybe, I will fall in line; otherwise, let the good times roll! By-the-by, RMP doesn't show anything for the the XCs or the XRs. They would have to make something like the Cobra X-longs to extend past the saddlebags.

Edited by Top 2010-02-11 9:34 AM
Captain
Posted 2010-02-13 10:05 AM (#53190 - in reply to #52644)

Puddle Jumper

Top, Here is a link. This is what I was referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGKLz4gNweI
steven5382
Posted 2010-03-06 7:31 PM (#54488 - in reply to #52644)

Puddle Jumper

Northern California
Also had the Stage I installed. No popping here either. Unable to tell if performance has increased since they were installed prior to delivery. Has nice throaty sound, but quiet. Have much louder pipes on my other bike which resulted in a fix-it ticket from the local PD. Another baffle and fiberglass wrap later, I was able to get it signed off. While loud pipes may save lives, the hassle of dealing with the police for excess noise is a problem. The highway patrol and local PDs are really cracking down.
intruder
Posted 2010-06-20 7:01 AM (#62696 - in reply to #52644)

New user

I have just had the Victory stage one haded to my crosscountryand it was a total waste of 800.00 dollars.If you are looking for that sound or a rumble theses are not what you want.To me the sound is one decibal higher than stock very dissappointed.Performance is not much different either. Iwill be looking for something else.
Jackpot08
Posted 2010-06-29 10:10 AM (#63317 - in reply to #62696)

New user

Central Iowa
I'm w/ you intruder, feel a little ripped off. Just purchased a XC on 6-12 and I had 2900 miles on in the first 2 weeks of owning the bike and then added stage 1. Might be a little more power (maybe), but definately no deep impressive sound.
Owned an 08 Jackpot w/ stage 1 and swept pipes, loved the sound. Would like to get to that point again.

Pipes aside, the XC is one great bike!
Pastor1720
Posted 2010-07-17 2:33 PM (#64739 - in reply to #52644)

New user

I have 600+ mile on my XR. Added the Stage one at 500 miles. Very satisified with the better performance. Now my XR has the looks and the attitude. Was disappointed in the sound. Not much louder and very little rumble. Love my XR. My other bike is a Vegas.
Steve R
Posted 2010-07-21 12:04 PM (#64982 - in reply to #63317)

New user

INTRUDER, DID YOU GO WITH DIFFERENT PIPES? IF SO, GIVE US ALL THE SCOOP. HOW IS THE SOUND, WHATS THE NAME OF THE PIPES, WHAT OTHER CHANGES WERE MADE? I TOO HAVE A STAGE 1 KIT (NOT IMPRESSED) I WOULD RATHER LESTEN TO A THE DEEP SOUND OF GOOD PIPES THEN THE WHINE OF THE TRANS.....BIG VIC LIKES THE IDEA OF A 20/50 QUALITY FULLY SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL (ROYAL PURPLE/LUCUS ETC) TO QUIT THE TRANS NOISE.
Big Vic
Posted 2010-07-24 12:27 PM (#65266 - in reply to #52644)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
RPW makes pipes, I'm told they sound much better than the Vic pipes, not sure myself as I have never heard them.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2010-11-15 7:36 AM (#73503 - in reply to #52644)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i have the s1l1 on my vision and i would say if i had to do it over again i wouldnt of bought the s1l1. way over priced for what little you get... the factory download for the fuel map is a joke.! its lean. it has to be! it has to meet E.P.A. regs so there for its going to be as lean as a factory bike with a tiny bit more power. when i added a power commander 5 to my s1l1 (EVEN WITH THE MAP) i got way better lowend power and a much better cold starting motorcycle! no more surges when cold! that right there shown me the victory fuel map was lean. if i had to do it again i would of bought the air filter off of ebay and then sent my mufflers out to be cored. and saved a few bucks then had the bike running the way i wanted too.. with the s1l1 package you PAY for that download! and my dealer even said that download was a waste...
DSavina
Posted 2012-06-09 12:33 PM (#116159 - in reply to #52644)

New user

I did put the rpw's on my eleven cross country, love the sound but having some issues getting the programmer set up. I wasted the money on the stage one and still have the stage one programming in the bike as well as the lloydz programmer, so getting the mix right on the programmer has been alittle time consuming, anyone out there have the stage 1 map and a programmer, if so whats your set up?
Prechrskd
Posted 2012-06-16 8:04 AM (#116783 - in reply to #52644)

New user

I had the stage one put on when I bought my 2011 Crossroads, never had any popping. Wasn't impressed at all with the sound of mufflers. Added the atom bombs (200 bucks), perfect sound for me. Plus it seems to be better on the low end torque. Once in a great while I do get a pop. Great sound I think, I'll trade the infrequent pop for the rumble
RonBou
Posted 2012-06-16 10:08 AM (#116798 - in reply to #52644)

Cruiser

I had the stage 1 kit installed on my XCT. No popping on deceleration. The only increase in power that I have noticed is OVER 3500 rpm. By 5000 rpm she is pulling hard and sounding great!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™