You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Anyone got the Standard Heated touring seat?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

zork52
Posted 2010-04-24 3:18 PM (#58279)
Subject: Anyone got the Standard Heated touring seat?

Puddle Jumper

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
I've posted on forums but not heard back from anyone on how the regular heated touring seat is for comfort. I actually NEED firm NOT too cushy.

I brought home the "low" version and I actually like the firmness of the seat and some additional lower back support in the upper glute area, BUT not much real estate.

I should have brought BOTH versions home to try. I'm going back to the dealer to pick up the standard one tomorrow. I couldn't get there today.

So the question is:

Is the "regular" heated touring seat a little more firm across the seating area than the stock seat? I"m hoping it is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Teach
Posted 2010-04-24 6:46 PM (#58287 - in reply to #58279)
Subject: Re: Anyone got the Standard Heated touring seat?

Visionary

I would have assumed they'd be about the same since adding the heat element doesn't add anything in the way of height or rigidity to the seat.
I don't know if this is factual but I heard somewhere that the heated seat for the Cross bikes is only heated on the riders saddle and not the passengers.... anyone confirm this?
woody63
Posted 2010-04-24 10:24 PM (#58299 - in reply to #58287)

Puddle Jumper

Teach - 2010-04-24 6:46 PM

I would have assumed they'd be about the same since adding the heat element doesn't add anything in the way of height or rigidity to the seat.
I don't know if this is factual but I heard somewhere that the heated seat for the Cross bikes is only heated on the riders saddle and not the passengers.... anyone confirm this?

I have the heated touring seat and it is heated on both the driver and passenger areas with dual controls. The high setting will roast your ass pretty well. As far as the cushy-ness goes. It is as cushy if not just a little bit cushy-er than the stock seat.
dddd
Posted 2010-04-26 4:17 AM (#58384 - in reply to #58299)

Puddle Jumper

woody63 - 2010-04-24 10:24 PM

Teach - 2010-04-24 6:46 PM

I have the heated touring seat and it is heated on both the driver and passenger areas with dual controls. The high setting will roast your ass pretty well. As far as the cushy-ness goes. It is as cushy if not just a little bit cushy-er than the stock seat.

I don't suppose you could supply us with some pictures of the touring seat , I'm particularly interested in how neat and the placement of the temperature switches are
Victory XC
Posted 2010-06-15 10:45 PM (#62334 - in reply to #58279)

Puddle Jumper

If you have a stock XC or XR seat, take it off and look at the left side, about 2/3rds back.
That plastic part comes out and the toggle switch assembly replaces it.
You can't see them unless you are kneeling & looking straight at them as the overhang of the seat covers them up.
Once you learn where they are they are easy to manipulate while riding.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™