You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Victory Mesh Jacket
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Product ReviewsMessage format

VisionTex
Posted 2010-05-09 2:50 PM (#59496)
Subject: Victory Mesh Jacket

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
I have never had a summer riding jacket. I alway thought these would be hot, especially here in the Houston area with high temperatures and humidity. But after reading about these mesh jackets and wanting more protection while riding, I purchased one. I got it about two weeks ago. The one I got has pockets for elbow and shoulder armor and a pocket in the back for back armor or for one of the cool packs. I went to the local accessory shop and purchased armor for the elbows and shoulders. The jacket was $99 with 20% off from the dealer and the armor was $43, so the total was around $125.
So for the last two weeks I've worn the jacket with temperatures from 85 to 95. I'm really pleased with the jacket. Yesterday I rode for ~5 hours with a high temp of 88. Had a long sleeve T shirt under the jacket and never got sweaty once, even when sitting at lights. It is almost like it's not there. When riding with a short sleeve shirt, I think it actually makes you feel cooler and the air passes through the mesh.
The graphic on the jacket are nice, mine is dark gray and black, I have seen some in a lighter gray and black. It has a fleece collar so it is good on the neck and velcro adjustable waste band, good for us fat guys. Zipper cuffs, snap collar, with zipper pull. The only thing I would change is the collar, I would like no collar, don't see the need for a jacket like this. Also, sizing runs on the small side, so try them on before you buy.
There are several jackets like this on the market, and at lower costs. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, I'll give this jacket a good 8.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™