You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Slip on Mufflers for the X bikes
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

skyking
Posted 2012-10-05 9:51 AM (#124708 - in reply to #64459)
Subject: RE: Slip on Mufflers for the X bikes

Puddle Jumper

Wellston, Ohio
I guess my specific question is if I put slip on mufflers on the bike do I HAVE TO reflash or could I get by without?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Big Vic
Posted 2012-10-08 3:11 PM (#124918 - in reply to #64459)
Subject: Re: Slip on Mufflers for the X bikes

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
You can get by without a reflash as long as you don't put in a aftermarket air cleaner. If you let more air in you need the reflash to get more gas to mix with it. If you only do pipes the only thing that should change is the sound.
densred12xc
Posted 2012-10-10 3:26 PM (#125036 - in reply to #64459)

Puddle Jumper

Fostoria Ohio USA
Fed Ex just delivered my D&D slip-ons today. I had them installed in about 45 minutes or so, fairly simple. I took my XC for a little spin and they do sound nice. Just a wee bit of popping occasionally on decel but really not bad at all. I guess as long as I run the stock intake I won't even need the reflash. What about the K&N replacemant filter? Just asking.
Big Vic
Posted 2012-10-13 3:43 PM (#125188 - in reply to #64459)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Don't give the bike more air unless you give it more fuel. If you install a K&N or Lloyds air filter you NEED to buy the Victory Stage 1 map, or add some sort of Fuel controller. For $300-$350 you can buy a Power Commander V but you need a decent wrench and a Dyno to build the best fuel map. I think Lloyds has a pre-mapped controller for around $250 no dyno needed. I saw a dyno map yesterday of a CC with a PCV and D&D pipes. It took the HP from 79 to 85 and the TQ from 93 to 100
densred12xc
Posted 2012-10-23 2:24 PM (#125587 - in reply to #64459)

Puddle Jumper

Fostoria Ohio USA
I got the Stage One flash done and the Stage One filter while my XC was in for the 500 mile break-in oil change. The problem is that Victory and D&D don't share the code for the reflash. Worse yet, you can't get the reflash card without buying the Victory Stage One pipes. My service manager had to take the card out of a boxed set of new Stage One pipes and clear the code with Polaris before he could go ahead and reflash my bike's ECU with it (the card is only good one time). He had to charge me over $160 for the replacement card he needed to put back in the box with the Stage Ones. I could notice the bike had a little more giddy-up to it when I rode it home and it seemed to be better fueled at all speeds and had a bit more pull at lower RPMs. The D&Ds sound sweet but there's still a little popping on decelleration.

Edited by densred12xc 2012-10-23 2:29 PM
Commander
Posted 2012-12-02 9:55 PM (#127904 - in reply to #125587)

Puddle Jumper

Kokomo, IN
With my 2011 XR, I put RPW pipes, Victory performance air cleaner, Bully fuel processor, and an air-valve from LLoydz. After getting everything tuned in, the bike will still pop/backfire, just not as much. The RPW pipes sound awesome, but I think I'm stuck with the occasional backfire.
Robb2269
Posted 2012-12-31 4:30 PM (#129018 - in reply to #64459)

New user

Upstate NY
D&D on mine and I love them. Great sound all the way through throttle. Great rumble. All my Harley buddies are impressed.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™