You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Shift Fuel Motorcycle Boots
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Product ReviewsMessage format

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2010-11-11 6:33 PM (#73342)
Subject: Shift Fuel Motorcycle Boots

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Several months ago I purchased the Shift Fuel Motorcycle boots and can't say enough about them. I was looking for a boot/shoe that was comfortable, lightweight and offered protection. At $99/pair, these are a winner!

The boot resembles a hightop sneaker but actually is much sturdier. Its made with a leather/synthetic leather base, medial and lateral plastic ankle protection for abrasion or impact resistance, adjustable velcro straps over a "speed-lace" system that made it easy to get on/off. What I really liked about them was their light weight. They offer good protection but not the heaviness of a full boot, while still being flexible like a sneaker.

I bought them for a 10 day riding trip out in Colorado and South Dakota during August. With the temps near 100, they got hot if I walked around alot, but were fine while riding. Having used them for the last 4 months whenever I'm riding and walking, they are holding up exceptionally well and show no sign of wear-down on the soles.

If I had to nitpick about anything, it would be that they only come in full sizes. I usually take a 10.5 US so I opted for size 11. This actually was perfect with medium/heavy socks and the fit was very comfortable.

I can heartily recommend them for anyone looking for a versatile motorcycle boot that can also be worn as a walking shoe.

I purchased them from Motorcycle-superstore.com and was very happy with their service. I called them to ask if the sizes ran big or small and the guy that answered the phone had me hold on while he actually went and tried on a pair. Shipping was free and I got them in 3 days.

PROS:
light weight but sturdy
water resistant
easy on/off
feels like a sneaker, protects like a boot

CONS:
doesn't come in half sizes
not every likes the "Sketchers" look
can be hot in hot weather while walking

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]