You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Victory 2011 Stage 1 Kit
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

Posted 2011-03-01 11:28 PM (#80606)
Subject: Victory 2011 Stage 1 Kit

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
What are the advantages of adding a Stage 1 kit to the new 2011 XC? Does it improve power, acceleration, MPG, what?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
40vegas
Posted 2011-03-05 10:25 PM (#80841 - in reply to #80606)
Subject: RE: Victory 2011 Stage 1 Kit

Puddle Jumper

Typically the S1 will help performance because it let's the engine breath easier with a less restrictive air filter and mufflers along with a computer fuel map flash to tune the bike to the new set-up. With performance comes mileage unless you abuse the increase performance then your trading power for mileage. The S1 isn't really loud on the Cross bikes if your into that but it does give a nice exhaust note sound. Part of that is because the hard bags mask a lot of the sound from the operator but the people following you will well hear your bike. Another thing in the Cross bike's that cut's sound is there is a diverter plate in the cross-over that goes under the bike to equalize the flow of exhaust to each muffler. I have the S1 on my XC and I like it because it gives nice sound without being obnoxious. I figure why have a bike that has a stereo and not be able to enjoy it because all you hear is exhaust noise all the time. S1 gives nice sound without being too much. My XC had the S1 installed before I bought it however I have learned that the factory mufflers are VERY restrictive (which hurts performance and economy) and if they're anything like my Vegas was (before I modified and opened up the exhaust) you could let up on the throttle and feel the pull you forward as it slowed you down from the backpressure. The S1 on my XC doesn't have this feeling so I know the exhaust and intake are free flowing. If your into very loud and rattling windows the S1 on the Cross bikes is not for you (RPW's I hear) however if you want a nice exhaust sound without being annoying and good throttle response then the S1 would do you well.

Edited by 40vegas 2011-03-05 10:34 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™