You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Shark Evoline 2 ST & Shark BlueTooth Com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Product ReviewsMessage format

Man314
Posted 2011-04-10 11:35 PM (#83698)
Subject: Shark Evoline 2 ST & Shark BlueTooth Com

Tourer

Spirit Lake IA "Birthplace of Victory Motorcycles"

For all of you that have had the pleasure of riding with the modular helmet from Shark called the Evoline, you know what a quality product it is. I'm in the market to replace my helmet and bluetooth headsets due to a crash. I was shocked to find that the only US Distributor for Shark in US is stopping carrying the line.  From what I have been told it has something to do with their new Evoline 2 ST has the ability to use their own Sharktooth communication system built into the helmet (like Nolan). FCC has been dragging their feet for over a year trying to get US approval. Distributor, in their frustration, is now no longer carrying the line. My understanding is that this helmet / Bluetooth communication setup has been working successfully in Europe for over one year.  I have several questions for anyone on this board who knows anything about these issues

Is anyone experienced with this headset?

Is it legal to purchase direct from a company in UK and have it shipped here?  I found several companies that have the unit in stock and will ship to US, my concern is it getting stopped in customs. Don't know how all this works

Is it against the law to own a nonFCC device or just to import or sell in US?

Any creative ways people have used to get product like this legally into US?  I know the European he eta are not DOT approved, but the ones the sell in US are. I believe I have two new helmets coming, it would be really cool to get my hands on the new Shark Sharktooth communicator sets

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

(sharkTooth__60146_zoom.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments sharkTooth__60146_zoom.png (99KB - 12 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™