You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Belt Chirp
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

jama
Posted 2011-09-15 7:00 PM (#96727)
Subject: Belt Chirp

Cruiser

Arkansas
Have a relatively new 2011 CC; last bike was '08 Vision Tour Premium.
The Vision had a bad chirp that was finally resolved by a new belt and both pulleys replaced under warranty; never heard another chirp....until on my new CC- trip out west at about 2500 miles -that darn belt started chirping like there was no tomorrow. Still does-got the belt adjusted by dealer to factory specs- helped a lot but not completely, plus then the belt would whine and groan at low speed and decel-Jeez!
I loosened it a bit and groan decreased while birds returned to nest in my rear wheel.

I thought they fixed this problem!!! Adjusted belt both tighter and looser and still no help. PLease don't tell me I need to clean the pulleys every few thousand miles unless the factory rep is going to knock on my door every 2 months to do it for me.

Anybody else having this problem? Dealer says I'm the only one they know of having it. ( they are willing to work on it, but they shouldn't be bothered by this either).

Insight anyone? I posted this b4 but was on General discussion, so moved it to tech forum just in case that is why no one replied. Surely someone has some experience with this or is aware that it is a rare problem (if that is the case).
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ltbiker
Posted 2011-09-21 2:12 AM (#97242 - in reply to #96727)
Subject: RE: Belt Chirp

Cruiser

Chandler, AZ
6700 miles so far and haven't heard a single chirp out of mine (and REALLY don't want to either). Was an issue on the '09 Vision I had for a brief time. Hope you can get rid of it - very irritating.
Flash
Posted 2011-10-09 9:35 PM (#98731 - in reply to #96727)
Subject: Re: Belt Chirp

Puddle Jumper

Victory is replacing my pulley. Check my thread in forums.
jama
Posted 2011-10-09 11:29 PM (#98734 - in reply to #96727)

Cruiser

Arkansas
Victory is replacing my pulley too.
BBob
Posted 2011-11-27 12:27 AM (#102278 - in reply to #96727)
Subject: RE: Belt Chirp

Havasu, AZ
If it chirps in the future; spray some Dupont Multi-Purpose Dry Lube w/Teflon on the pulley's and belt. Be sure to get the sides. I guarantee you it will not chirp after that.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/dupont-multi-use-lubricant-with-t...

They also sell it at Ace Hardware. Great for the cable ends and the cables if they get to where they need some lube.
gcefalo
Posted 2012-03-03 8:14 AM (#109106 - in reply to #96727)

Puddle Jumper

Simpsonville, SC
The dealer applied belt dressing, aligned belt, and set belt tension with the sonic tensioner tool and chirp went away. So don't know if it was a combo of all three or if any one step fixed it. Dealer said that misalignment and improper tension can cause it.
Ch55
Posted 2012-03-10 8:44 AM (#109693 - in reply to #96727)

Puddle Jumper

ok laugh if you want ......
But when I approached my dealer, MOM's South,
they said "yup coat the sides of the belt with ivory soap, not Irish spring"
Laughing all the way to the store, did it in the parking lot, an n s quiet as
a church mouse now.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum