You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Erratic Radio Behavior
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

ArkieBiker
Posted 2011-10-13 6:30 PM (#98987)
Subject: Erratic Radio Behavior

Puddle Jumper

Picked up and brought home my 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour today. I got the white bike. The 60 mile ride home was like BUTTA...coming from a 2009 Yamaha Royal Star Venture. The handling is like NIGHT and DAY.

The ONLY glitch I had on the ride home was that the radio started cutting out...and finally went dead for about 20 minutes and then started cutting in and out again. Finally when I got into town, the radio started working again for a little while. Anyone else had issues with the radio cutting out...taking it back to the dealer tomorrow and let them troubleshoot it.

Wally
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ahoutzer
Posted 2011-10-15 2:01 PM (#99106 - in reply to #98987)
Subject: Re: Erratic Radio Behavior

Puddle Jumper

Walhalla, SC. USA
I have not head the radio problem, although the FM reception is poor compared to the Royal Star Venture.

Welcome, Arkie! I have only had my Cross Country Tour for five weeks and two days, also having come over from a Royal Star Venture (2006 -- put on 95,879 miles). At noon, I finished my first trip on the XCT -- 1,278 miles to Venice, Florida and back. The XCT performed very nicely. When I couldn't get an FM station, I used the iPod (actually my old iPhone 3). I do wish the FM radio pulled in stations better, as I live in a rural area. There are several threads here about antennae, but they seem to be all about replacing lost units or putting on a shorter one. None seems to address improving the radio reception.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™