You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vic #7 on it's way!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Big Vic
Posted 2011-10-16 9:31 AM (#99170)
Subject: Vic #7 on it's way!

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Saturday I closed the deal on my seventh Victory motorcycle, a new CC Tour. I traded off the 08 Vision to get more storage space. I loved my Vision but cussed the saddle bags everytime I opened them up. I traded a TC in on my Vision and missed the saddle bag space on day 1. At 6'8" tall my leather coat is big enough to fill up the right saddle bag so that left little room for the rain gear ect. I know the Vision trunk had a lot of space but I hung it on the wall 2 weeks after I bought the Vision. I loved the looks of the Vision but always thought the trunk looked like crap on the bike. With the CC Tour I hope to have the best of both worlds. The ride and comfort of the Vision with the saddle bag space of my old TC. In addition to huge bags the CC Tour's trunk actually looks "right" on the bike so now I will have more space than what I know what to do with. Hopefully the wind protection will be as good on the CCT as it was on the Vision.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RonBou
Posted 2011-10-16 10:33 AM (#99174 - in reply to #99170)
Subject: Re: Vic #7 on it's way!

Cruiser

Best of luck with the new bike. I love my Tour.
Big Vic
Posted 2011-11-08 6:51 PM (#101056 - in reply to #99170)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
I managed to get about a 150 miles on the CCT since I picked it up last week. So far no regrets for trading off the Vision. Many things are the same but I really like having some storage space. The driver seat is cramped, and I have less controls for the audio system (compared to the Vision) but every thing else is a step forward. I look forward to logging some miles to see what else comes up. All in all the CCT is one hell of a bike!!
CC-Rider
Posted 2011-11-09 12:24 PM (#101102 - in reply to #99170)

Cruiser

The only complaint I have about the CCT is that the fuel gauge could be calibrated better. It will stay on full until around 70 miles , then it drops to 3/4 and drops fairly evenly after that. When the low fuel warning comes on, I still have 1.5 gallons left. Guess I have a bigger built in reserve.
MTVic
Posted 2011-11-14 4:35 PM (#101492 - in reply to #99170)

Puddle Jumper

Tampa Bay, FL
Bought mine about 10 weeks ago, now at 3,300 miles. LOVE IT!
Perfect riding weather here, was actually warm today at 86 degrees. Florida... got to love it.
Commander
Posted 2011-12-26 8:53 PM (#104157 - in reply to #99170)
Subject: RE: Vic #7 on it's way!

Puddle Jumper

Kokomo, IN
Totally agree.I thought my 08 Vision was very short on saddle bag space, and it looked cooler without the trunk. I now ride a Cross-Roads with the leather-clad bags. They have more space than the Vision bags.
Big Vic
Posted 2011-12-28 10:45 AM (#104237 - in reply to #99170)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
I actually think a Vespa scooter has more storage under the riders seat than the Vision has in it's saddle bags. It's a shame that Victory did such a lousy job designing those bags..............a touring bike like the Vision should have bags at least twice the size that they currently are. I know the trunk holds a lot but in my opinion it is just plain ugly. Besides, who wants to carry all that weight up high?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™