You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cross Country Tour after market exhaust
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Victory1
Posted 2011-10-29 8:53 AM (#100188)
Subject: Cross Country Tour after market exhaust

Puddle Jumper

I recentley purchased a 2011 CCT. I would like a louder exhaust. Does anybody have any experience with Witchdoctors exhaust. They use a stock exhaust then modify. One option retains baffles, I believe the louder is without baffles. They are cost effective due to the reworking process. I like fairly loud. I also really enjoy my music when not heavy in the throttle. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks John
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Big Vic
Posted 2011-11-08 6:35 PM (#101055 - in reply to #100188)
Subject: Re: Cross Country Tour after market exhaust

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
I have 2 bikes and 2 friends with the Center Fire 105's and we all love them. They sound loud but not so loud you can't hear the tunes. Give them a try I don't think you will be disapointed.
MTVic
Posted 2011-11-14 4:48 PM (#101494 - in reply to #100188)
Subject: RE: Cross Country Tour after market exhaust

Puddle Jumper

Tampa Bay, FL
Victory1 - 2011-10-29 8:53 AM

I recentley purchased a 2011 CCT. I would like a louder exhaust. Does anybody have any experience with Witchdoctors exhaust. They use a stock exhaust then modify. One option retains baffles, I believe the louder is without baffles. They are cost effective due to the reworking process. I like fairly loud. I also really enjoy my music when not heavy in the throttle. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks John

I think you mean "2012." The XCT is next years model.

Haven't changed my pipes yet, leaning toward D & D's when they figure out the brackets for the XCT. Baffled, no stage 1 needed, louder but not obnoxious, certainly quieter than stock drill outs. You're still going to want some back pressure or you'll probably end up with stage 1 , breather or an after market controller from what I've seen posted by others.
Victory1
Posted 2011-11-14 6:35 PM (#101510 - in reply to #100188)

Puddle Jumper

Thanks for the input. The 2011 CCT I refer to is a left over 2011 CC that was converted into a tour with all the accesories. The only thing it lacks from a 2012 is the ABS. From what a have read the D&D'S seem like a good option, but are missing one of the bracket locations for the bag crash bar. If any body has any other pipes they like, that give the required back pressure and slightly enhances performance, please let me know.
Thanks John
a99miata
Posted 2011-11-22 9:17 AM (#102025 - in reply to #100188)

Tourer

northwest florida
I read on the vision site where someone put thrush mufflers on their vision. Has this avenue been looked at? It would be a lot cheaper, $40 compared to several hundred.
XRsteve
Posted 2011-11-22 8:55 PM (#102077 - in reply to #100188)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
CFR's work and sound great on my Vision, not sure if they are available for the CC, if so it's worth looking at............
hmd520
Posted 2011-11-28 7:49 AM (#102313 - in reply to #100188)

Cruiser

Tucson , AZ
Big Honkers all the way... old skool sound deep and throaty.
MTVic
Posted 2011-11-28 4:55 PM (#102325 - in reply to #100188)

Puddle Jumper

Tampa Bay, FL
Broke down and ordered the RPMs from Cycleops on the Cyber Monday special. Seems they are one of the only ones that will fit the bag guards properly, meaning, no jury rig, or left off bolts/mounts... factory matching install.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™