You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cross Roads Tall Windshield
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

CrossRoadsRobert
Posted 2009-12-04 12:04 AM (#49052)
Subject: Cross Roads Tall Windshield

New user

Has anyone installed the tall windshield on the CR? I would like to know how that is before paying $$$ for a new shield

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Big Vic
Posted 2009-12-04 8:22 AM (#49061 - in reply to #49052)
Subject: Re: Cross Roads Tall Windshield

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
It will be just like the stock one only 3" taller. I'm 6'8" and the stock one is a little low for me but not horrible. Is the stock one too short for you? Vic wants $600 for a new one which seems about $250 too high for what you are getting. I bet someone else offers one by spring for 1/2 the money.
Captain
Posted 2009-12-12 3:38 PM (#49593 - in reply to #49052)

Puddle Jumper

You can also check out gustafsson plastics. I understand they will make a custom shield to your specs for alot less than factory cost.
cowboydave157
Posted 2009-12-28 1:01 PM (#50332 - in reply to #49052)
Subject: RE: Cross Roads Tall Windshield

New user

The XC that I test drove had the high shield. It was a very windy day and I did not feel that the buffeting was bad.
Lowers do help a lot. The ysignificantly reduced buffeting on my Vulcan. Lowers reduce the "bubble" of air the builds in the area between your chest and the shield.

The XC I ordered has the high shield.
Posted 2010-01-11 9:52 AM (#51118 - in reply to #50332)
Subject: RE: Cross Roads Tall Windshield

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
I have ordered the tall windshield twice! The first time it came in with two left support arms. The dealership called whoever and was informed that that was impossible and to reorder. Guess what? The new order arrived again with two left support arms. After another call, the factory said they were recalling all the tall windshields and that it would be two to six months before they would have the problem resolved. I guess they were happy with the quality of the left support arms and didn't want to chance a lower quality trying to make a right handed one. What da ya think?
steven5382
Posted 2010-02-27 5:43 PM (#54038 - in reply to #49052)

Puddle Jumper

Northern California
Would like an update on the tall windshield order
epf
Posted 2010-03-09 2:08 AM (#54692 - in reply to #49052)

New user

I have the CC with the tall windshield and love it. I rode the stock CR with the shorter windshield and found there was too much buffeting from it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™