You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Back Off Modulator
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Posted 2010-01-11 10:14 AM (#51120)
Subject: Back Off Modulator

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
Tried to add a Back Off modulator to my brake/running lights (Signal Dynamics) and it interfered with the cruise control. When the dealership asked the factory what Back Off unit would work with the XC/XR the response was "None". No deliberation, no explanation, just "None". Now, is this any way to run a company? If anyone knows any back off unit that will work without interfering with the cruise please let me know. Yes, we even tried it using the load attachment.

Edited by Top 2010-01-11 10:15 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Big Vic
Posted 2010-01-12 5:55 PM (#51188 - in reply to #51120)
Subject: Re: Back Off Modulator

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Try pointing a Colt 45 at the motorist behind you. They will back off and sometimes they will even turn down a different street. This should not interfere with your cruise unless you bump it while drawing your weapon.
Posted 2010-01-14 7:10 PM (#51318 - in reply to #51120)
Subject: RE: Back Off Modulator

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
Good answer! However, would really like to get them to back off without bloodshed. At least for the time being.
CrossRoadsRobert
Posted 2010-01-21 4:15 PM (#51773 - in reply to #51318)
Subject: RE: Back Off Modulator

New user

I have the BackOff-XP on my Cross Roads and it works perfectly. I don't have cruise control, so I can't comment on that. But you do have to get the "XP" model and not the regular model as that won't work for LED lights.

Here's the link:

http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/Modules/xp.asp
Posted 2010-01-22 12:35 AM (#51789 - in reply to #51120)

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
Thanks, but have the XP model. Still doesn't work with the cruise control, unless wasn't reset after wiring. Have to check with my mechanic to see if that might have been the problem.
Posted 2010-02-05 6:38 PM (#52736 - in reply to #51120)

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
According to my mechanic, the interuption of the brake light (light goes out or someother problem) causes the cruise control not to function; therefore, at this time a Back-Off system will not work on the CC. Maybe it will at a later date, or not...
ncstedo
Posted 2010-02-15 10:26 AM (#53304 - in reply to #51120)

Puddle Jumper

the word from Kuryahkyn is the Brake, Run, Pulse light system wont work on a Vic CC or CR.

"Steve, do to the voltage drops and increases that Victory uses on their bikes, we do not recommend using or R-T-B controllers on their bikes. Sorry.

Thanks,

Kasey LaDouceur │ Tech Support
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™