You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Knock-Knock
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Big Vic
Posted 2010-01-31 9:18 AM (#52401)
Subject: Knock-Knock

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Is anybody out there?
There are only about 3-4 post a week on this site.
Where are all the Cross-Riders?
If Top didn't chime in once or twice a week nobody would.
Doesn't anyone have something to say about their awesome new X-Bike??

Edited by Big Vic 2010-01-31 9:19 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Glock
Posted 2010-01-31 2:41 PM (#52430 - in reply to #52401)
Subject: RE: Knock-Knock

Cruiser

Yes it looks good in my garage, too damn cold out to do anything.

Glock
Posted 2010-01-31 8:11 PM (#52442 - in reply to #52401)
Subject: Re: Knock-Knock

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
Right now we're experiencing a snow/ice storm here in OKC. However, most of the time it's year around riding. I've already completed the brake-in period and am ready to take a 1000 mile trip the end of this month. Normally, I put between 12-15K miles per year on my bikes, but am looking forward to topping that now that I have American Iron, a tall windshield, and XM radio. I'm very pleased with my new XC and only disappointed with the Customer Non-service and parts delays. With a new bike that's what comes with the territory. I hope that a top trunk will be designed to look much like the Corbin Streamliner/Fleetliner only to include a set of tail lights. Tail lights seems to keep the magnetic effect of cages running up your A**. The more lights the better. Love my new XC! Also, appreciate Big Vic's feedback and comments. Experience is invaluable to those of us who are new to the Victory line.

Edited by Top 2010-01-31 8:16 PM
alanrdking
Posted 2010-02-01 4:20 AM (#52453 - in reply to #52401)
Subject: RE: Knock-Knock

Puddle Jumper

south central Pa.
I was wondering the same thing,maybe to cold out to think about bikes for some people.I have a new CC,in black in the garage,have 100 miles on it.Realy thinking about going somewhere down south for afew days to ride it.I have arthrietis in my knees and the cold just kills them,I get a new left knee on Feb.25th,so I have to get down there and back before then.Hoping to get the breakin miles on it before the new knee gets instauled,I'll be out of action for a few weeks but should be ready for spring riding.
I also had the post for the IPOD conection,ended up buying $150 worth of cables to get the IPOD to play on the CC.Lets get some dialog going.
Has anybody had their CC gas tank off,I need to, to run the cables for the IPOD.How about exhaust?Anybody change it yet?
Captain
Posted 2010-02-01 2:15 PM (#52483 - in reply to #52401)

Puddle Jumper

I am likewise waiting out the cold northeast weather. I will attempt the IPOD cable later this week or weekend without removing a full tank of gas. My limited time in the saddle reveals this to be a really great bike. Once I get the taller windshield from Gustaffson or Cee Baileys it will be the best! My CC is black too.
Big Vic
Posted 2010-02-01 6:10 PM (#52494 - in reply to #52401)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
WOW! There are some lurkers out there in cyber space...........nice to hear you all sound off. No doubt winter sucks and I'm dying to ride. My Vision is in the shop right now so I will have to steal the wifes bike if the weather turns. Since I can't ride I might as well talk about riding. Started the wifes bike up Sunday just to hear and smell it run..........ahhh that was refreshing. Winter sucks I don't know why I don't move south!!
alanrdking
Posted 2010-02-02 2:49 AM (#52509 - in reply to #52483)

Puddle Jumper

south central Pa.
Captain
alanrdking
Posted 2010-02-02 3:39 AM (#52510 - in reply to #52509)

Puddle Jumper

south central Pa.
Don't know what happend to the last post.Any way I'm out here.I have the cables to hook up an Ipod,is there room under the tank to snake the cable through ?That would save some time.Anybody been able to get any accessories yet?I would like to get the backrest,Victory needs to get the aftermarket involved,they don't seem to be able to keep up by themselves!Still to damn cold to do any riding,18 degrees this morning,the older I get the longer and colder the winter is.I'm still trying to get a few day trip together to get some break-in miles on the CC before I get my new knee instaulled on the 24th of Feb.Should be healed enough by the time warmer temps get here to do some serious riding.Looking to get a lot of miles on this CC before I get my other knee instaulled in November!
wvsmokey
Posted 2010-02-02 7:55 AM (#52515 - in reply to #52510)

New user

I love my new CC. I got the heated grips and seat for mine along with the luggage rack and sissybar. I've also determined that I'm definitely going to need the tall windshield...the buffeting is horrible for me. I'm a flat 6 foot and there is just way too much buffeting. My only real criticism is that Victory should make available the most appropriate windshield for the rider at no extra cost, or at the very least, give a trade in allowance for the stock windshield. I'm guessing that anyone around 5'9" and taller are going to have the same issues. I didn't get that much air on my Jackpot with no wondshield at all...the fairing on the CC seems to channel it straight back to the face!

On a different note...most of my buddies ride HD and they all had various comments on my Vision. Now I just see the envy when they look at my CC. lol The local HD shop has a cafe and I enjoy stopping in now and then for lunch. I love parking my CC right in front of the shop and watching the constant parade of admirers. As I was leaving one day there was a group of guys admiring my bike and one of the guys told me that a salesman had told him "I really wish he wouldn't park that thing right up front like that." And that is exactly why I do park it up front...let HD see a real American bike with clean lines, style and power!
Big Vic
Posted 2010-02-02 6:10 PM (#52542 - in reply to #52401)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
I love it!!!! I have several friends that ride HD's that occasionally need to go to the HD Shop. I like to park my Vision right up front so I can look at the reactions when the HD owners come and go...........too funny. It is rare that I don't meet someone that wants to know more about my bike and Victory in general. My Vision is a great conversation piece that has allowed me to meet many strangers. The shop owner (known by many as F U Bob) knows me by name and has offered to take my bike in on trade several times. Each time my answer is the same. "Sorry Bob, you just don't have anything that can compete with what I have"
Captain
Posted 2010-02-03 2:21 PM (#52588 - in reply to #52401)

Puddle Jumper

I will ride up to the Harley dealer when my friend picks up his new street glide. That should prove interesting!!!
I concur with the wind issue. I will be getting a new windshield. Have to, not fun to ride with the jet stream in my face, worse than no protection at all. I'm just not sure how high I want it. I'd like to look over it and not through it if at all possible. I may try lowers also but I kinda think the solution will be with the shield.
CAP
tlfuller
Posted 2010-02-03 3:51 PM (#52594 - in reply to #52588)

Puddle Jumper

Captain - 2010-02-03 2:21 PM

I will ride up to the Harley dealer when my friend picks up his new street glide. That should prove interesting!!!
I concur with the wind issue. I will be getting a new windshield. Have to, not fun to ride with the jet stream in my face, worse than no protection at all. I'm just not sure how high I want it. I'd like to look over it and not through it if at all possible. I may try lowers also but I kinda think the solution will be with the shield.
CAP
I don't mean to threadjack but CEE Bailey is making replacement windshields for the CC bike now in 2" increments. You can see pictures of a couple of them at

http://www.ceebaileys.com/victory/victory_2010_ws.html

Since I let my wife ride my CC on the weekends I'm going with a 2" increase. If it were just me I'd go with the 4" increase.
Captain
Posted 2010-02-03 8:55 PM (#52611 - in reply to #52401)

Puddle Jumper

I was thinking the same thing.
except for the part about your wife.
Cliptoke
Posted 2010-02-12 12:58 PM (#53154 - in reply to #52611)

New user

Greetings:
I ride a Cross Road and was wondering if anyone knows about an aftermarket place that might make windshields for the X-Road?
Victory is asking $599 and that's too much scratch for my blood. And, it's 3 inches taller. Be nice if someone made them in 2 inch increments like the X-Country is getting.

BTW,... it's riding weather in Arizona.
Roadrocket
Posted 2010-02-13 12:15 AM (#53171 - in reply to #53154)

Cruiser

B'ham, Al.

The Cee Bailey w/s is perfect. I have the 13" & at 5'10" I couldn't be happier with the protection I'm getting, PLUS, being able to look it as well.

RR

redpin04
Posted 2010-02-14 11:39 AM (#53248 - in reply to #52401)

New user

like a lot other guys, just lurking here on and off. Also cannot ride my bike since it's snowing and cold. Looking forward to it more than I can put to words though.
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2010-02-15 8:44 PM (#53338 - in reply to #52401)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Glad you are all hear. It's always slow on the boards during the winter. Hopefully the site will limit your cabin fever. For those in warmer climates, lets see some photos of your bike! I've already seen some nice customizing for the CC/CR, but want to see more!
elvis441
Posted 2010-03-01 11:39 AM (#54134 - in reply to #52401)

Cruiser

Houston, TX
Work has gone south (slow) that's why I haven't been around. Sold my VTX and hoped to have a CC by now. Will have to wait until work picks up (or a miracle comes). Maybe by spring...
daryle105
Posted 2010-03-01 4:12 PM (#54148 - in reply to #52401)

Puddle Jumper

okc.
Yes it has been cold here in okc. Only short rides on my black cc I did ride to tulsa last sat. For my first service! yes i would ride 100mi. In 31 weather to avoid this fast talking no service stealer here in okc!!!!!!!
steven5382
Posted 2010-03-01 6:59 PM (#54156 - in reply to #52401)

Puddle Jumper

Northern California
Weather here has been good as of late, with less frequent rain showers. X-Ctry handles like a bike weighing half as much. Tracking is effortless and the ride is extremely comfortable. Power to spare without needing to downshift. You can always recognize the happy biker by the bugs in his teeth...
woody63
Posted 2010-03-24 5:58 PM (#55530 - in reply to #52401)

Puddle Jumper

Hello, hello - is there anybody in there?
This site sure doesn't get much attention does it.
Big Vic
Posted 2010-03-24 6:33 PM (#55536 - in reply to #52401)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Everyone mush be spending time with their bike and leaving the computer alone.....................
Roadrocket
Posted 2010-03-24 8:18 PM (#55542 - in reply to #55530)

Cruiser

B'ham, Al.

woody63 - 2010-03-24 5:58 PM Hello, hello - is there anybody in there? This site sure doesn't get much attention does it.

Not too much. But some good info passes thru from time to trime.

RR

Captain
Posted 2010-03-25 7:37 PM (#55605 - in reply to #52401)

Puddle Jumper

I'm just working too hard.
ncstedo
Posted 2010-03-25 9:31 PM (#55614 - in reply to #52401)

Puddle Jumper

no time to sit in front of the pc! Been ridin' too much! Rode 400 miles yesterday just to get a drivers backrest and decide which highway pegs I wanted. Decided on highway bar mount ones.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™