You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Short term reviews on the CR or CC?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2010-05-17 7:04 PM (#60053)
Subject: Short term reviews on the CR or CC?

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Now that the bikes have been on the streets for some months, I like to hear your first-hand reviews.

What are the good points?
What are the bad?
Any nagging issues?
Are you glad you bought it over another make/model?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
alanrdking
Posted 2010-05-18 4:16 AM (#60076 - in reply to #60053)
Subject: RE: Short term reviews on the CR or CC?

Puddle Jumper

south central Pa.
I now have 3050 miles on my black CC.Just got back from a 1900 mile roundabout ride to Myrtle Beach.the good points are,very confy for long rides but we did stop a few times on the Outer Banks of N.C. because of high winds and blowing sand,good gas milage,my riding buddy on a02 Road King and I got nearly the same mpg with the CC getting very slighty more mpgs every fill-up,it averaged about 2 tenths less on the CC per fill-up.Mostly possitive comments from other riders on other than H-D bikes,the Harley guys pretend not to notice,its like when a good looking women walks by and you are with your wife,sort of sideways glances.I installed a Cee Bailey wind shield before we left,a 13"smoked,it made a big difference not much head shaking but more wind noise.The gas guage quit working somewhere on the OBX,the radio is useless at 70mph,the primary gear noise is very annoying,need to change the mufflers so I don,t hear it as much.I also installed the passenge back rest and luggage rack,with out it there is no plase to bunge anything to.The saddlebags are roomy enough,but if you stuff them even slightly the are tough to latch and when you think they are latched the are not.Additions to her will be heated hand grips,passenger grab rails, better sounding mufflersgetting to old to give myself a headache on long rides.So far LOVE HER.!!!!!P.S. wear a 3/4 hellmet with a full sheild and you don't hear all the gear whine as much.
steven5382
Posted 2010-05-18 3:48 PM (#60105 - in reply to #60053)
Subject: Re: Short term reviews on the CR or CC?

Puddle Jumper

Northern California
Approx 2K on a CC. Able to spend over 3 hours in the saddle with no discomfort. Issues with the gas gauge sticking on full even after riding for several hours. When on empty and with idiot light on, there is still over a gallon of gas. Guess that's a good thing. Handles like a sports bike. Transmission noise can be annoying. Have stage I pipes which helps. Had a lid open on the freeway even though it was locked. Obviously it wasn't totally latched. Won't let that happen again. Also added 13" shield, but clear. Get nothing but compliments on the bike, even from the HD lemmings. There is no other bike I'm aware of, that I'd prefer to own.
intruder
Posted 2010-06-05 3:38 PM (#61557 - in reply to #60053)
Subject: RE: Short term reviews on the CR or CC?

New user

I have had my bike for a month 1500 miles. Love the way it handles and looks. Ihave had a few small issue with it like a noise in the farring buzzing at about 2500-3000 rpm.The battery cable was loose and stranded me at a friends house lucky he had tools cause bikes don't come with a toolkit any more but i should have known better.The passager floorboard pin came out and i almost lost it.It does have alot of transmisson noise and getting parts for it kind of sucks its taken five weeks now to get a passenger backrest and a stage one kit. The backrest did come in but still waiting for the exhaust. The dealer is great the parts dept. sucks has alway been that way I'am hoping the stageone kit is worth the 700.00 bucks.The seat is alittle hard but it shold break-in after some more miles if not i will have to change it. But i still like this bike all bikes have there problem some worst than others.
Posted 2010-06-14 11:32 AM (#62165 - in reply to #60053)

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
I have 6,500 miles on mine and have ridden for over 40 years. Best bike I've had! Can hear my XM at 70++ miles per hour. Of course I have the tall windshield and lowers. Here in OK, the wind is normally blowing at over 20mph; however, very little stability problems. Saddlebags are great, but you need to insure they are locked. The seat is better than my old $1300 Ultimate seat, which was great. You need to check your nuts and bolts. My heat shield almost came off before I noticed the loose bolt. Lost a tire balancing weight, don't really like those stick on strip weights. Gas gauge sucks. Stays on full for 60 miles, then drops like a rock. Would like to see saddlebag guards and a Corbin like trunk with speakers and lights. All-in-all a great bike. Customer Service still doesn't exsist and I'm not at all happy about te move to Mexico (yea, I know the bike stays hear, but move overseas parts will be coming and US jobs are being lost. Might even have a El Diablo motorcycle coming up from the south with the illegals). Hold on for a bummy ride.

Edited by Top 2010-06-14 11:33 AM
JSP
Posted 2010-06-22 8:51 PM (#62907 - in reply to #60053)

Cruiser

on the edge of Los Angeles
Black X Country 1200 miles or so. We exchanged a real nice 04 Kingpin in for this and the wife states the 1 thing that would make this bike perfect would be eliminating the Buffeting issue.

Its her bike and she is 5'10" . I Put on a 13"" C Baily light smoke shield that greatly reduced the wind buffeting. Installed the lowers that did not seem to do much. The Kingpin with it's more vertical shield and lowers gave much better wind protection and no buffeting.... Gone from a 3/4 helmet with glasses to 3/4 helmet with full shield to overcome. I think the 15 inch C bailey may be a better alternative for her riding position.

Reason for purchase: 1)Better Handling and stability, 2) Better Wind protection for cold hands, 3) Bags so she can carry her own stuff. 4)Stereo and cruise control

Honestly we miss the Kingpin for it flash noise and jackrabbit performance.

BTW 500 mile weekend up and down P.C.H. and the 101 from Pismo Beach to Monterey, That's why we ride!!!
BostonVaughn
Posted 2010-06-23 6:25 PM (#62969 - in reply to #60053)

Puddle Jumper

Middleboro Ma
Midnight Cherry XC--1100 miles. Love this ride. Corners like a dream. set the air shock for 2 up & a world of difference. I trust the ordmeter more than than the gauge. Love the dash & electronics. Put the 13' Cee Bailey but I think I should have gone with the 15" just working on my skills to get the best out of this bike.
Pastor1720
Posted 2010-07-22 12:28 PM (#65069 - in reply to #62969)

New user

What did the 2 up adjustment do for your ride?
Thanks
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™