You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

R.P.W. slipon mufflers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

capt.tom
Posted 2010-05-18 7:28 PM (#60124)
Subject: R.P.W. slipon mufflers

Puddle Jumper

I finally found the pipes, aka the sound that I was looking for. This is what a stock set of pipes should sound like. You get the muffler, clamps, and bolts needed to install and you reuse your stock heat shields. The fit and finish are very good, the install was very easy. I got mine from Witch Doctor .com, John was very helpfull, good people good company.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
zork52
Posted 2010-05-19 11:21 AM (#60167 - in reply to #60124)
Subject: RE: R.P.W. slipon mufflers

Puddle Jumper

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
1. Most Important: Obnoxious loud or not?

2. Did you have to use a fuel controller?

3. Can you send me a sound clip?

zork52@verizon.net
capt.tom
Posted 2010-05-19 8:04 PM (#60201 - in reply to #60167)

Puddle Jumper

The sound is a nice deep rumble it is only real loud if you are pushing the crossroads hard. I don't think it is obnoxious like straight pipes. You can still roll out of the neighborhood and not piss off the people next door. Yes you do need a fuel processor,the bike will run but not as well as it should,the fuel will be too lean. I would be happy to send you a sound clip if I knew how but I don't. You can go to www.Witchdoctor.com click on rpw slipon's for cross bikes and there are a couple of good sound clips there. Pipes are a personal choice I'm happy with my choice Good Luck
zork52
Posted 2010-05-20 11:21 AM (#60250 - in reply to #60201)

Puddle Jumper

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Thanks for the update Tom. We Victory riders are still a small faction and it sometimes takes days to get another response.

I have an XR right now and a JP with Swepts (loud) that I'm trading on the XC.

I'm really looking for something that will run without the fuel controller, becuase now there's the tuning ( and maybe incurable popping issue ) then dyno tuninig...............

I was hoping to find something that is around 100 db at 2500 rpm because here in the PROM they will be cracking down on noise sometime soon and have already.

The above specs are in the fine print of the RMV for Mass. and I'm sure they'll be enforcing someday.

I know I can get the Stage 1 slip ons but they may still be a bit too quiet. I just want something that I will be heard on when I'm on the road and highway but not so loud the neighbors want you dead.

capt.tom
Posted 2010-05-20 6:06 PM (#60275 - in reply to #60124)
Subject: Re: R.P.W. slipon mufflers

Puddle Jumper

I have heard the stage 1's personally I feel they are a waste of money. The sound of the stage1's is about the same as stock. If I'm paying all that money I want something for it. I was'nt able to find any pipes that did'nt need a fuel controller, not to say they are'nt out there though. Good Luck
zork52
Posted 2010-05-20 9:34 PM (#60288 - in reply to #60275)

Puddle Jumper

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
How does your bike run with the controller and was it dyno tuned?
DBVictor
Posted 2010-06-01 7:52 PM (#61297 - in reply to #60124)

Puddle Jumper

Central Pennsylvania
FYI, I think the website is http://buywitchdoctors.com/ I had to do a search because I got some photography page. This internet place can be a confusing place :-)
intruder
Posted 2010-06-20 6:38 AM (#62695 - in reply to #60124)

New user

Factor stag one is a total waste of money.I did it and i am very dissappointed also i don't feel enough of a change in performance don't wastse your money.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™