You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

How fast can you go without >>>>>>>>
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

zork52
Posted 2010-07-31 6:12 PM (#65994)
Subject: How fast can you go without >>>>>>>>

Puddle Jumper

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Hey guys,

Being one guilty of always going for the latest and greatest "too soon" I had the "miracle" Dynabeads put in my tires at 500 mile checkup on my 2011 XC.

The bike feels ok up to about 75 or 80 but then it really feels like the tires are out of round at that point. I don't remember have such noticeable vibes before the dynabeads. I do have the Victory lowers on the front but I don't think that's causing it.

I'm considering having the tires dismounted and going back to new balance with the weights.

I want to have it feel smooth at least to 100 mph when needed.

How fast can you guys go without feeling the front wheel hopping a bit??

BTW, I'm noticing quite a few turned up noses from the HD guys lately. I have some friends on HD's and they are not like that at all, but I noticed a lot while out riding.

Maybe it's my HID headlight?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Big Vic
Posted 2010-08-26 5:49 AM (#67917 - in reply to #65994)
Subject: Re: How fast can you go without >>>>>>>>

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Don't know squat about Dynabeads but you should be able to run well past 100 with no major vibes.........something needs corrected.
Posted 2010-08-30 8:12 AM (#68249 - in reply to #67917)

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
I've had my tire weights fall off. Seems as if there would be a better way to balance moto tires.
buzz64077
Posted 2011-03-04 8:31 AM (#80736 - in reply to #68249)

Cruiser

orrick, mo
The only way dynabeads would cause a problem would be if your tire installer got to much tire lube inside the
tire when he was mounting it. The moisture can cause the beads to clump up. I've had my bike wound up all the way to 122 with dyna beads and riding on the darkside with no vibration at any speed.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™