You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cross R/C Wiring - Brake/Running Light
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

ricvic
Posted 2010-08-01 10:29 PM (#66093)
Subject: Cross R/C Wiring - Brake/Running Light

Puddle Jumper

Could someone please tell me which wire is for the brake light and which one is for the running light. I see a pink/white and a pink/green (and of course a black neg). Trying to add a 'brake flasher' module.

Also, can you splice the negative wire on the module to ANY black wire negative (on the bike) or do you need to tap into the black on that particular light circuit? I thought maybe a negative was a negative.

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SSPBoss
Posted 2010-09-22 10:48 AM (#70113 - in reply to #66093)
Subject: RE: Cross R/C Wiring - Brake/Running Light

Ripon, CA
Today I installed a little extra warning for those inattentive drivers behind me.

It is a LED license plate frame - when the brakes are applied the LEDs flash 5 times then stay on steady as long as the brake is on.

Once I figured out how to get at the wires for the tail light, it was an easy job.

Remove right side saddlebag. Under the fender, pop off the large connector from the fender and the fastener toward the front of the bike then disconnect the 2 halves of the large connector from each other - this should give you enough slack to work with the wiring.

Drill a small hole in-between the 2 license plate mounting holes already on the fender, snake the new wiring through, and loosely mount the new frame and your license plate. Splice or tap the wiring as below.

The wiring is as follows: plate frame black wire -> bike black wire (ground)
plate frame blue wire -> bike pink/green wire (running)
plate frame red wire -> bike pink/white wire (brake)

Re-install the connector and fastener under the fender, nylon cable-tie any slack in the new wiring, tighten the plate and frame, re-install the saddlebag and you're good to go.

Knight Riderz Chrome LED license plate frame with mounting hardware. item #LB043C.

http://www.customdynamics.com/knight_rider_led_light_bar.htm#Knight...

(cross plate frame.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments cross plate frame.jpg (42KB - 0 downloads)
SSPBoss
Posted 2010-10-23 11:52 AM (#72164 - in reply to #66093)
Subject: Re: Cross R/C Wiring - Brake/Running Light

Ripon, CA
Finally got to test it - does not interfere with the cruise control - works great!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™