You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Bras & Bags
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Posted 2010-10-14 6:24 PM (#71650)
Subject: Bras & Bags

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
I know that we all love our paint jobs and more space to store stuff (not junk). Has anywone found a fairing bra to protect against those nasty rocks, bugs and things? Also, I've thought about how to attach a small front windshield bag to the windshield/fairing, but to no avail. Seems I can't find a space large enough to store/attach such an item. Would be great to be able to store registration and other great quick access necessary stuff, or am I just dreaming?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DBVictor
Posted 2011-04-21 5:54 PM (#84499 - in reply to #71650)
Subject: Re: Bras & Bags

Puddle Jumper

Central Pennsylvania
Top,
I have been looking for a windshield pouch as well. Last summer I took a road trip to Sturgis with buddies and their HD Street glides, all of whom had windshield bags. At every toll booth on I80, I had to wrestle my toll ticket out of my pocket, sometimes in the pouring rain. They had theirs in the windshield pouch along with some cash for the tolls. I was really wishing for a windshield pouch then, I think I will make a mount from flat sheet metal, that will hook over the two top windshield screws, between the windshield and the post, and rivet if to a pouch. I am also ordering the Cee- Baileys dragon shield that closes off the opening, had a few close encounters with grasshoppers through that hole on the road trip. :-D
Regards and thank you for your service,
DB
bigtruck112756
Posted 2011-04-22 9:08 AM (#84556 - in reply to #71650)

New user

Apparently we are all looking for a windshield bag. I just thought it was me because I couldn't find anything that would fit. thank god, so i'm not crazy. So hopefully some one will have found a bag that fits and let us know. As for the bra, that will probably have to ba specialty item that some one could make for u. there is a protective coating that u can get from "autotrim.com for the cross country for the fairing and the top/front of the saddlebags/tank for protection. I literally just got off the phone to just order the saddlebag top and front protectors. the whole kit (18 pieces) is $387.00. I only wanted the pieces for the saddlebags (4) and they were almost 43% of the entire kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope this helps.
ammo_umb
Posted 2011-04-28 10:09 PM (#85107 - in reply to #71650)

Puddle Jumper

Check out tankslapper; the entire 3m set is less than $100.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™