You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

How's the ride?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

mgoblue
Posted 2011-02-27 1:22 AM (#80396)
Subject: How's the ride?

Cruiser

I am 6'2" i ride a Vision and want to know if the buffeting i here about on the CC is true and is it that bad to deal with? Any help please, I am on the fence, really leaning towards the 2011 CC.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bored76
Posted 2011-03-22 1:21 AM (#81909 - in reply to #80396)
Subject: Re: How's the ride?

Puddle Jumper

Alberta Beach, Alberta, Canada
I've got a Cross Roads, but all the reading I've done show's it's an easy fix. 80 to 90% of the buffeting can be eliminated by putting a set of lowers on. The rest can be fixed by puting on a tall or flip windshield.
ltbiker
Posted 2011-03-22 3:39 AM (#81911 - in reply to #80396)
Subject: RE: How's the ride?

Cruiser

Chandler, AZ
I was all set to buy a new '11 Vision 8-Ball, but after riding both it and the CC at a Demo Day a few weeks ago, I changed my mind and bought the CC; a variety of reasons, but the top ones were the cleaner (IMO) front end and the much bigger (and easily removable) bags on the CC. So, now I have to decide on how to improve the wind/buffeting on the CC; actually I think it's just more the direct wind blast coming over the 9" shield; I'm 5'10". I'm going with a Gustafsson euro-flip shield, either 2" or maybe 3" over stock height; will see how much that improves the airflow, then see if I still need to install lowers.....probably will need them also. Like the look of the new dark-smoke Ness lowers, but not sure if they are actually available yet.
I'll post results when completed. May still not have quite as good a calm air pocket as the Vision does, but I think it's going to work out fine.
billmx52
Posted 2011-03-22 3:22 PM (#81940 - in reply to #80396)

Puddle Jumper

I have a 2011 Cross Country. Purchased the 11" windshield from Cee Bailey. That is 2" over stock height. Still alot of buffeting. I am 5'10". I have ordered the 17" from Cee Bailey. I know I will have to look through it, but it is better than dealing with the wind. I'll let you know how it works when I install it.
Roadrocket
Posted 2011-03-22 7:30 PM (#81993 - in reply to #81940)

Cruiser

B'ham, Al.

I have a 13" CeeBailey and a 17" as well. The 17 was to be for colder weather and long trips, etc. However it seems I'm having trouble taking it off. Really nice sitting behind it and it looks nice as well. Getting old I guess

RR

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™