You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

passenger floor boards
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

bobberx
Posted 2011-04-02 10:33 PM (#83057)
Subject: passenger floor boards

New user

Has anyone lowered their passenger floor boards, wife has long legs need to lower about 2"
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DBVictor
Posted 2011-04-21 5:42 PM (#84498 - in reply to #83057)
Subject: RE: passenger floor boards

Puddle Jumper

Central Pennsylvania
Several X-country owners have cut 1" from there passenger board mounts and then had local shops weld them together. A little grinding and hit them with some flat black paint and your done. My wife mentioned about the boards the first time that she rode, but I told her that the lower the boards go the higher she needs to lift her leg to step over the seat. She is not a fan of the low floorboard position on the HD's for that reason. It took her a few rides to find a position where she was comfortable, but 8,000 miles later she hasn't complained about it a second time.
Regards,
DB
$20Chrome
Posted 2011-05-27 3:43 PM (#87279 - in reply to #83057)
Subject: RE: passenger floor boards

New user

bobberx - 2011-04-02 10:33 PM

Has anyone lowered their passenger floor boards, wife has long legs need to lower about 2"

It will be hard to get 2" out of them. What you must remember is with the shape of the bracket you move forward as you move down. And they are moving into the back of the drivers legs.
G187
Posted 2011-06-21 10:03 AM (#89298 - in reply to #83057)
Subject: Re: passenger floor boards

New user

I plan to offset mine back, so that they aren't moving forwards, I'll have to add a gusset to the rear to move it "back", which will be straight down on the motorcycle.
bobberx
Posted 2011-06-21 6:25 PM (#89338 - in reply to #83057)
Subject: Re: passenger floor boards

New user

I had them cut down about 1.5" wife is lot happier cost was $30 can tell they have been cut and welded I have a 2" clearance above the pipes so her feet don't get too hot, I read about someone else cut it 2" and claimed it was too close and not happy with it but 1.5 working great
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™