You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cruise Control Problem on 2011 Victory cross Country
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

billmx52
Posted 2011-04-04 8:06 AM (#83121)
Subject: Cruise Control Problem on 2011 Victory cross Country

Puddle Jumper

Second time this happened to me. Anyone have an answer for me?
Drove from Ct. To Rhode Island. Cruise Control O.K. Ride back to Ct. Cruise Control did not work. The light on the switch was illuminated. Tried to set the cruise, would not engage. Light on switch was still on, but light on Instrument Cluster did not come on. Can anyone help me. It is still under warranty, but if it is something simple I would rather fix it myself. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Glock
Posted 2011-04-04 6:05 PM (#83165 - in reply to #83121)
Subject: Re: Cruise Control Problem on 2011 Victory cross Country

Cruiser

Had an intermittent issue with my 08 Vision cruise control, turned out to be a switch on the rear break pedal. Micro switch? Check to see if your break light is on.
rdeerx
Posted 2011-04-05 1:39 PM (#83267 - in reply to #83121)

Puddle Jumper

I've had the same problem on 2 occasions. Each about 3000 miles apart. After about 10-15 miles, it works normally.
40vegas
Posted 2011-04-06 4:58 PM (#83358 - in reply to #83121)

Puddle Jumper

The cruise on these bikes are touchy for having the throttle cable and the clutch cable (if you have one) properly adjusted or they will cut out at times. I would start there for the simplest then go from there.
BBob
Posted 2011-04-24 12:55 AM (#84699 - in reply to #83121)

Havasu, AZ
Yep. Happened to me too after installing some new grips. I had the clutch cable adjusted too tight and it was just enough to not let the sensors touch. Loosened cable a touch and it has been fine ever since. These cruise control's are touchy on these bikes. After I set it I get my hand off the right grip for a bit to let it settle in. Seems to help.
BBob
Posted 2011-05-07 8:33 PM (#85734 - in reply to #83121)

Havasu, AZ
Oops. Meant to say throttle cable although if the clutch cable is too tight it will prevent it from working as well.
Godspeed
Posted 2011-06-21 8:56 PM (#89344 - in reply to #83121)

Cruiser

Denver, Iowa
Happened on my wife's XC. We'd been riding in the rain for two days, and stopped at a dealership in Wisconsin. Told them same thing...light is on but no cruise. They unplugged all the cruise wiring and disassembled the switch, blew them out with air, applied new dielectric grease where needed, put it all back together, and it's worked just fine since. They thought it may have gotten moisture in the connections...in this particular case.
RonBou
Posted 2011-06-23 4:01 AM (#89442 - in reply to #83121)

Cruiser

On one of the other Vic forums there has been a lot of posts about the cruise not working after a ride in the rain or washing the bike. Sounds like Puddle Jumper has the solution to try.... blow out the moisture and use dielectric grease. I got caught in a downpour the other day but forgot to try the cruise the following day. Not everyone has this problem...but enough to check it out.
40vegas
Posted 2011-07-15 9:01 PM (#90907 - in reply to #83121)

Puddle Jumper

Most common problem with the XC is the throttle return cable switch. It is located on the right side of the frame behind the tank. You can see it by looking around the right front side of the tank you will see a lump in the throttle return cable with two wires going to it. It could just be that your throttle return cable is not properly adjusted if it's a new bike. My problem didn't start until the bike was about a year old and the cruise would quit working after washing the bike. Corporate Vic suggested to use silicone to seal up the outside of this switch and wires but I never did take it back to the dealer to have them do this (warranty) however I have covered this switch with a piece of plastic each time I wash it and have not had a problem since. Hope this helps.

Edited by 40vegas 2011-07-15 9:03 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™