You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

converters in front pipes
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

prov1xc
Posted 2011-04-16 8:16 AM (#84116)
Subject: converters in front pipes

Puddle Jumper

bought my xc last oct. had stage 1 before picked up thought that eliminated catylatic converters but just found out thats not the case, have not seen any posts about this? everyone putting different slip ons for more performance,but we still have the biggest restriction there is! anybody know why nobody even mentions this?just thought i would throw this out there. my two buddies ride hd's 103 and have work them up a bit but still can"t catch me not even close so not upset by any means !!!! SO EVERYONE OUT THERE ALL YOU DO IS JUST LAUGH WHEN HD GUYS START SHOOTING OFF AT THE MOUTH!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
crosscountry
Posted 2011-12-21 4:52 AM (#103762 - in reply to #84116)
Subject: RE: converters in front pipes

New user

have removed cats on my 2010 cross.also fitted hi flow air filter and removed weather strip and fitted lloydz
fuel manager.no factory reflash on ecu.fitted ness big honker mufflers
after cat removal lost bottom end torque to rectify the problem I made up some sheet metal strips tappered from 2.1/4 in at one end up to 3.5/8 in then gave them a twist and insert them into the mufflers the twist gave just enough back pressure to bring the torque back up and this still gave you a good flow through exhaust

the stage one pipes from victory have a bit of restriction in them so you probably will be able to remove the cats and not loose any bottom end and with the reflash you won't need to use a fuel manager as the victorys run rich any way

hope this may help
Big Vic
Posted 2011-12-21 5:16 PM (#103834 - in reply to #84116)
Subject: Re: converters in front pipes

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
No one really mentions the cats because you need them for back pressure. Pulling them out will hurt your performance rather than help it. I put Centerfire 105's on my bike with the cats in place and she runs great.
whitie
Posted 2011-12-22 10:15 AM (#103905 - in reply to #84116)
Subject: Re: converters in front pipes

Puddle Jumper

Northbridge, MA
I have a '11 XC with stage 1, Lloyd's fuel manager., weather strip removed & D&D slip ons. I completely removed the baffles (removed one bolt, slid out the back w/some elbow grease!). Sounds great, runs great & not straight pipe loud because of the converter. Just my opinion!

Edited by whitie 2011-12-22 10:40 AM
40vegas
Posted 2011-12-25 8:27 PM (#104102 - in reply to #103762)
Subject: RE: converters in front pipes

Puddle Jumper

crosscountry - 2011-12-21 4:52 AM

the stage one pipes from victory have a bit of restriction in them so you probably will be able to remove the cats and not loose any bottom end and with the reflash you won't need to use a fuel manager as the victorys run rich any way

hope this may help

I've had my stage one mufflers off. The S1 mufflers on my XC are WIDE open from front to the back as big as the inlet pipe. Don't know where the restriction on the stage one would be.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™