You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Lift location
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

FlukerM
Posted 2011-04-24 8:43 AM (#84706)
Subject: Lift location

Puddle Jumper

Eglin AFB, FL
OK I own a craftsman motorcycle lift and a XC motorcycle. Does any one have a picture of where to position the lift. I'm used to Harley frame rails. I can't seem to find the right spot. I'm either running into the kickstand or I'm off the back of the crankcase. Please help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
wesdalton
Posted 2011-04-30 9:44 AM (#85218 - in reply to #84706)
Subject: RE: Lift location

Puddle Jumper

FlukerM - 2011-04-24 7:43 AM

OK I own a craftsman motorcycle lift and a XC motorcycle. Does any one have a picture of where to position the lift. I'm used to Harley frame rails. I can't seem to find the right spot. I'm either running into the kickstand or I'm off the back of the crankcase. Please help.

I have used the craftsman for over a year on my XC. I go in from the right side. I put a 2X4 under the kickstand and that gives me clearance to go under the engine with out a problem. If you put the right frame arm or the jack so it just misses the spring on the kickstand it lifts the bike fine and is very stable. I leave the bike in gear with the drive belt skack taken up (bike rolled forward), so when you let the bike back down it will not roll forward off the kickstand.
FlukerM
Posted 2011-05-01 9:06 AM (#85263 - in reply to #84706)
Subject: Re: Lift location

Puddle Jumper

Eglin AFB, FL
Thanks. I figured it out. I was just nervous the first time........whoever installed the oil drain plug at the factory used way more than 15 ft/lbs that's for damn sure.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™