You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Victory Rider Backrest
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

ltbiker
Posted 2011-05-13 5:10 AM (#86126)
Subject: Victory Rider Backrest

Cruiser

Chandler, AZ
Just a heads-up for anyone who has one or is thinking of adding one. I put one on my '11 XC just over a week ago and immediately headed out on a ride. VERY disappointed with it in stock setup; even with adjuster backed all the way out and backrest as far back as it would go, it pushed me too far forward, almost up on the tank, and I'm only 5'10".
BUT, good news is I found a post on The VMC Cross bike forum that others had the same complaint, and had a couple of solutions. One was to put it a vise and bend it straight.....not something I wanted to do. The other was to file off the ding in the adjuster bolt thread and remove it, then remove the 2 allen/torx screws in the bracket and REVERSE the whole setup so the bend in the chrome piece that fits down in the mounting base points toward the back of the bike instead of toward the tank. Need to re-ding the adjuster bolt thread when done so it won't come out. Although this change reverses the grooves and dimples in the chrome piece that slides down in the mounting bracket below the seat, it doesn't seem to be an issue, and now the backrest functions like it should have coming from the factory.
Victory P&A guys.......if you happen to read this.....a re-design is needed!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Flash
Posted 2011-10-09 9:23 PM (#98728 - in reply to #86126)
Subject: Re: Victory Rider Backrest

Puddle Jumper

This is a good fix if your 6 foot or less. I the reversal and gained some but I'm 6"3 and it wasn't enough. I think we will need a new vertical bar with more offset to the rear. Now I have to find a chrome guy close by.
jama
Posted 2011-10-09 11:41 PM (#98736 - in reply to #86126)

Cruiser

Arkansas
In addition to the reversal of the support, you could shim the lower part of the face plate to increase the amount of play at the bottom. This will give you a little additional rear movement of the backrest. I did this first before finding it was possible to reverse the support bar. The reversal is all I needed, so I took the shims back out. Might try this first before bending it and cracking the chrome.

Edited by jama 2011-10-09 11:54 PM
whitie
Posted 2011-11-01 4:56 PM (#100489 - in reply to #86126)

Puddle Jumper

Northbridge, MA
Good to hear, I'm 6'4" with long arms and legs... even for my height. I'll scratch the operator backrest off my Xmas list! Thx 4 the info!
Roadrocket
Posted 2011-11-08 7:50 AM (#100996 - in reply to #100489)

Cruiser

B'ham, Al.

Simplest way to straighten the post is with a press. Very few bike shops don't have one. No marks, etc.

RR

BBob
Posted 2011-11-15 12:59 AM (#101520 - in reply to #86126)

Havasu, AZ
Could always opt for the Utopia brand riders backrest. They have a shorter police style (if you ask) and the standard which gives support much higher up the back. Very adjustable on the fly and can go far enough back for any rider.

Some women might have a little trouble on the back seat because the back pad is not a triangle with the small end at the bottom like the Victory model is. Rectangular so some ladies with large thighs or unable to spread their legs much might have an issue. I don't know for sure.
vulkn1
Posted 2011-11-17 12:29 PM (#101679 - in reply to #86126)

Puddle Jumper

Thanx for the heads up.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™