You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Coss Country Heritage
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Rhatt
Posted 2011-05-14 9:22 PM (#86301)
Subject: Coss Country Heritage

New user

Just wondering as I was drooling over my new XC, just what was the original bike they originated the design from. I tried to envision it without the fairing and bags to get an idea of what it would be like "naked" and cant really see it.

Ideas?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bubba
Posted 2011-05-16 6:55 AM (#86404 - in reply to #86301)
Subject: Re: Coss Country Heritage

Cruiser

Under the skin it was a take off of the Vision. The skins were another developed to compete with the more tradition MC styles bike but still contain some of the great features of the futuristic Vision. HD was surely the target.
ndabunka
Posted 2011-05-18 9:31 AM (#86565 - in reply to #86301)

Cruiser

If you want to see a Cross country without the skin, just look at the Cross Roads. There are essentially no differences between the two structurally. Of course, there are the obvious cosmetic differences (like fairing) as well as a few subtle differences (like shorter handlebars on the XR) but they really are the same bike. Then compare the XR to the Harley and you will see that it's lines parallel the Harley Davidson Road King. You will also notice that the price point for the XR starts just below the H-D RK.

As I am certain you are aware, the XC was modeled to compete against H-Ds Street Glide and RoadGlide bikes and as sales are showing, it's doing a superb job of taking H-D marketshare in that arena.
Goatlocker95
Posted 2011-05-18 4:53 PM (#86604 - in reply to #86301)
Subject: RE: Coss Country Heritage

Puddle Jumper

Lexington Park MD

If you want to see what it REALLy looks like under its skin watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CefevDiTowM that talks about the Core Technology which as mentioned before is the same as the Vision. Or you can watch this one that shows a XC on the assembly line http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4xSQ1FveAY

Here is a picture of the core from Cycle Worlds reveiw as well as a couple of concept pictures. http://www.cycleworld.com/motorcycle_news/first_looks_articles/archive/2010_victory_cross_roads_and_cross_country_-_first_look

XRsteve
Posted 2011-05-31 9:22 PM (#87643 - in reply to #86301)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
That was a neat video...........
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™