You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Warranty Issues
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Teach
Posted 2011-07-08 2:37 PM (#90456)
Subject: Warranty Issues

Visionary

Looking at picking up a CC and I'm a previous 08 Vision owner. With that said here are the questions:

1. What warranty issues/claims have you guys/gals had?

2. Items you took care of yourself?

3. petty crap not worth claiming but annoying?

4. Unresolved issues?

Now with those asked, I am asking for honest input. When I purchased my Vision everyone said oh its great no issues yada yada... Then I spent a boat load of time at the dealer getting this and that replaced/repaired and the same folks who said no issues its great said yep I had that and that and yep that. So I'm looking for all the little nit-picking minor issues you've found/noticed no matter how minor (I hate surprizes). Probably won't make a hill of beans in my decision but I like to be informed and the best way to do that is ask folks who own.

Thanks in advance......... Teach
Top of the page Bottom of the page
wesdalton
Posted 2011-07-09 12:10 AM (#90496 - in reply to #90456)
Subject: Re: Warranty Issues

Puddle Jumper

No issues with any mechanical problems, but plan on spending some money to get rid of the wind buffeting. The problem with that is it seems somewhat different for individual riders. I have had mine 18 months and for the most part it is tolerable (as far as buffeting). Other than that the bike is flawless
Teach
Posted 2011-07-09 9:53 PM (#90541 - in reply to #90456)

Visionary

Took the CC I was looking at for a ride today and decided I'll stick with my current ride. Thanks or the input
ploz58 XC
Posted 2011-07-10 5:52 AM (#90551 - in reply to #90456)

Puddle Jumper

i sold my vision and purchased a 11 cross country, at the moment not too impressed, build quality is poor, but getting fabulous assistance from the dealer.
ploz58 XC
Posted 2011-07-10 5:55 AM (#90552 - in reply to #90456)

Puddle Jumper

i agree with wes, what have you done to sort out wind buffeting, I had a victory flip screen but have ordered a cee baliey dragon.
Have you done anything about lowers? interested in your comments
Phil
wesdalton
Posted 2011-07-10 7:46 AM (#90556 - in reply to #90552)

Puddle Jumper

ploz58 XC - 2011-07-10 4:55 AM

i agree with wes, what have you done to sort out wind buffeting, I had a victory flip screen but have ordered a cee baliey dragon.
Phil

If you are talking to me, I started with the Cee Baileys 13" windshield. (some improvement) but still wind coming from below. Then I purchased the Cee Baileys 15" windshield (better but you look through the windshield). Then Vic factory lowers. (Better very little buffeting without a helmet, but still blurred vision with a helmet). Then I removed the Vic lowers, Installed Baker air wings, great to be able to adjust for different speeds and temperature, but I still get too much wind coming from above the wings. I am going to (when I get time) re-install the vic lowers with the baker air wings on too see if that combination solves the problem. Oh and by the way, the vic soft close outs solve the problem totally (if you ride in temperatures below 65*) otherwise they are too DAMN hot. You would think that I would be discouraged with all the attempts I have made. But nothing is perfect, and the bike is awesome otherwise. I do think the solution will be different for each rider with their height and how arm reach, but that is how you fine tune your bike to make it yours
ndabunka
Posted 2011-07-11 5:50 PM (#90659 - in reply to #90552)

Cruiser

ploz58 XC - 2011-07-10 6:55 AM

i agree with wes, what have you done to sort out wind buffeting, I had a victory flip screen but have ordered a cee baliey dragon. Have you done anything about lowers? interested in your comments
Phil

What EXACTLY do you mean by a "VICTORY flip" screen? The stock screen is NOT a flip of any kind but is rather a straight screen. Now, Ness DOES make a "flip" and if that is what you are replacing, I may be interested in your flip "Ness" screen if the price is right.

Edited by ndabunka 2011-07-11 5:51 PM
ploz58 XC
Posted 2011-07-15 7:05 AM (#90884 - in reply to #90456)

Puddle Jumper

hi ndabunka in in australia, we have a flip screen availalble here. ( i think its the ness one, sold as victory here)
sorry for taking a while to reply
ploz58 XC
Posted 2011-07-15 7:06 AM (#90885 - in reply to #90456)

Puddle Jumper

thanks wes
wesdalton
Posted 2011-07-15 7:44 AM (#90887 - in reply to #90556)

Puddle Jumper

wesdalton - 2011-07-10 6:46 AM

ploz58 XC - 2011-07-10 4:55 AM

Phil

If you are talking to me, I started with the Cee Baileys 13" windshield. (some improvement) but still wind coming from below. Then I purchased the Cee Baileys 15" windshield (better but you look through the windshield). Then Vic factory lowers. (Better very little buffeting without a helmet, but still blurred vision with a helmet). Then I removed the Vic lowers, Installed Baker air wings, great to be able to adjust for different speeds and temperature, but I still get too much wind coming from above the wings. I am going to (when I get time) re-install the vic lowers with the baker air wings on too see if that combination solves the problem. Oh and by the way, the vic soft close outs solve the problem totally (if you ride in temperatures below 65*) otherwise they are too DAMN hot. You would think that I would be discouraged with all the attempts I have made. But nothing is perfect, and the bike is awesome otherwise. I do think the solution will be different for each rider with their height and how arm reach, but that is how you fine tune your bike to make it yours

UPDATE!: after reinstalling the Vic factory lowers, with the Baker air wings I have totally eliminated any buffeting. I do have to adjust the air wings depending on speed ect, but you can reach down with your foot and open or close them for what you need. Ahh, Satisfaction is sweet
randyyo
Posted 2011-07-15 9:14 PM (#90908 - in reply to #90456)

Puddle Jumper

Leduc Alberta Canada
This has turned into a windshield forum.
Klockwerks has come up with a flip sheild thay Victory bought the rights to.
It should be released soon.
CC-Rider
Posted 2011-09-14 10:04 AM (#96558 - in reply to #90456)

Cruiser

Just bought a 2012 Cross Country Tour and the wind buffeting issues are virtually eliminated. My previous ride was a 2008 Vision Tour Premium. The CCT has lot more storage than the Vision and is as comfortable as the Visiion. The only thing I missed was the engine heat on the way home form the dealership.(LOL) It got down to 41 degrees but very manageable.

Edited by tymwrp 2011-09-14 10:05 AM
ltbiker
Posted 2011-09-21 2:32 AM (#97245 - in reply to #90456)

Cruiser

Chandler, AZ
My setup has eliminated the buffeting.....the Ness Smoked lowers and a Cee Bailey 18" Dragon shield. At 5'10", sort of wish I'd stuck with the 17" one I was going to order, as I do look over the 18", but the extra 1" lower would be better visually......but, might not bump the wind over my head then.
ndabunka
Posted 2011-09-21 2:27 PM (#97278 - in reply to #90908)

Cruiser

randyyo - 2011-07-15 10:14 PM

This has turned into a windshield forum.
Klockwerks has come up with a flip sheild thay Victory bought the rights to.
It should be released soon.

I have one of these "new flips" sitting in my office waiting to be put on
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™