You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

XC tour coming home soon.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

VisionNWRider
Posted 2011-09-03 1:30 PM (#95561)
Subject: XC tour coming home soon.

Iron Butt

Tri Cities, WA
Well after waiting to see if Ma Vic was going to change up the CC adn they did and added the tour. the wife wantss one for her 50th B-day so we went downa nd got pre approved for it so now what color, etc, etc.

My question to you current CC tour owners whats your thoughts on it. Worth it? would you buy an 11 and add some items to it and take the discounts they are adding? Just trying to get a feel for the new tour. I own a vision and love my victory already.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RonBou
Posted 2011-09-04 7:05 AM (#95598 - in reply to #95561)
Subject: Re: XC tour coming home soon.

Cruiser

I like my tour.... My only (sort of) complaint is that they could have designed the "air management" system better. If you test ride one in warm weather be aware that your lower body will be cooler opening the lower vents one and a half inches that at full open. Don't ask why 'cause I don't know, but it's a fact.
VisionNWRider
Posted 2011-09-06 7:58 PM (#95897 - in reply to #95561)

Iron Butt

Tri Cities, WA
thanks ronbou, for the info. Well we dropped her HD 09 Street glide off now we just need to do the final paper work and have her Hd sell and the XC tour will be on it's way to our garage. I cannot wait. Again it's for my wife and her 50th B-day gift but it almost feels like it 's for me as well. Plus my wife can out ride most riders i know so handling the tour will be nothing for her. Hell when she test rode the XC i the guys behind her couldnt believe it was a chickie riding that bike till she took her helmet off. Love to hear other long time riders tell my wife how good of rider she is. We will post pics as soon as we get that big bad boy home. Now white or red is the final decision.
RonBou
Posted 2011-09-07 8:19 AM (#95930 - in reply to #95561)

Cruiser

I was planning on ordering a red one but then I heard a small voice saying... "Buy me...buy...." I looked over and saw a white one on the floor and when I found out it wasn't already sold...well the rest is history. Maybe if you are a good boy the wife will let you try it out.
VisionNWRider
Posted 2011-09-11 8:36 PM (#96292 - in reply to #95561)

Iron Butt

Tri Cities, WA
She seen the red so we order her the sunset red XC tour. now just waiting on it to show up.
VisionNWRider
Posted 2011-09-18 9:40 PM (#97042 - in reply to #95561)

Iron Butt

Tri Cities, WA
looks like we are going to hold off for a bit to get hers. Spring is looking better.
ltbiker
Posted 2011-09-21 2:38 AM (#97246 - in reply to #95561)

Cruiser

Chandler, AZ
As to your original question of '11 vs the new '12 Tour (which I have not ridden yet)..........my opinion is that it comes down to whether or not you want ABS. If that's not that important, you can get an '11 and add the trunk and fork-mounted lowers and change the windshield and probably come out ahead $$-wise...........unless you want the red color that is!
Danno
Posted 2011-09-21 3:39 PM (#97291 - in reply to #95561)

Puddle Jumper

Harrah, OK
Ltbiker, I considered going the same route with a 2011, but with the base price of a 2011 at 18,000, when you add the trunk 1,750 and the hard lowers at 1,250....your at 21,000 before you even add the other features that come standard (heated seats, adjustable floorboards, tall windshield, iPod connecter, etc...). Of course, these are all MSRP numbers, but I ended up going with the XCT as a better value.

Edited by Danno 2011-09-21 4:01 PM
ltbiker
Posted 2011-09-22 2:36 AM (#97336 - in reply to #95561)

Cruiser

Chandler, AZ
Danno, good point. But, it worked for me because I got the trunk, ST 1, and Hwy Pegs all included and was still below MSRP for the bike by itself..........great deal!
Danno
Posted 2011-09-22 9:27 AM (#97355 - in reply to #97336)

Puddle Jumper

Harrah, OK
ltbiker - 2011-09-22 2:36 AM

Danno, good point. But, it worked for me because I got the trunk, ST 1, and Hwy Pegs all included and was still below MSRP for the bike by itself..........great deal!

Wow! Next time I buy a bike your coming with me to handle the negotiations! Great deal for sure.
CC-Rider
Posted 2011-09-22 9:58 AM (#97356 - in reply to #95561)

Cruiser

I was told the lower wind management system doesn't fit on the 11 XC, so I bought a 12 XCT instead.

Edited by tymwrp 2011-09-22 10:05 AM
ltbiker
Posted 2011-09-27 3:29 AM (#97832 - in reply to #95561)

Cruiser

Chandler, AZ
I believe you can put the new '12 lowers on an '11, but have to swap out the forged guards on the '11 for the tubular guards.
VisionNWRider
Posted 2011-10-10 8:17 PM (#98778 - in reply to #95561)

Iron Butt

Tri Cities, WA
We sold the HD late last week (YES!) and have paid it off. Now we are finishing up a few things and if everything goes just right the new 12 XCT sunset red will be in our garage before Halloween for the wife. We were going to hold off till spring but the wife wants to try and get it and put the 500 mile break in before old man winter hits E-WASH and have to put our vics away for the winter. So for those that have the new XCT any thoughts? suggestions? comments? on it compared to just the XC, etc.
ahoutzer
Posted 2011-10-10 8:53 PM (#98779 - in reply to #95561)
Subject: RE: XC tour coming home soon.

Puddle Jumper

Walhalla, SC. USA
I have the XCTour, for just over a month, now, about 1,200 miles. If the weather improves, my first trip will be on Wednesday, 600 miles each way to Florida and back.

The wind management is effective. I still need to learn more about what to open under what conditions, as I have not done any interstate highway time yet.

The trunk is conveniently large. It needs some carpet or pad to keep things from rattling Round in there.

My wife said I need to buy more lights for the front. She doesn't think I am visible enough.

Great ride and great handling.

I bought a Utopia backrest with quick-out bracket to make it easily removable. I don't keep it in for commuting, but will use it for the Florida trip. It has a nice range of adjustment.

Added passenger handholds, trunk rack, Garmin GPS audio kit. The GPS speaks over all other audio, regardless of whether the audio is on radio, iPod or whatever. That's good.

I'm using an old iPhone 3 as an iPod on the bike. It comes on and off with the bike. Very nice.

Replaced the little pegs that Victory supplied for the foot brake and toe shifter. I put on larger Avon spike pegs. The stock nubs were just too small, so I felt like I would miss or slip off of the brake.

Bike has the usual silly little beep horn. I've got to do something about that!

Enjoy yours!
VisionNWRider
Posted 2011-10-10 10:13 PM (#98784 - in reply to #95561)

Iron Butt

Tri Cities, WA
Ahoutzer thanks for the info and to all the rest who responded. I own a vision now and I totally agree with replacing those tiny ass little rubber shifter and brake pegs. I swaped mine out for the ness knurled ones and they work so much better. I plan to do the same to my wifes XCT when she gets it and put the glove box locks on as well. We are ordering the back rest and bracket right from victory when we buy it. I plan to also replace the quick disconnects on the bags with the security screws to keeps folks from just walking off witht he tour side bags. From what I figure out the rear trunk is a quick disconnect. Sure would like to get a locking device to make sure that $1750 trunk doesnt walk away. Is there way to keep it from being stolen?
ahoutzer
Posted 2011-10-11 4:45 AM (#98788 - in reply to #98784)

Puddle Jumper

Walhalla, SC. USA
I can't even get my trunk off!

The XCT came with two bolts that block the quick release levers, kind of like a safety catch. The side bags must be removed in rod to back these two bolts out. If you leave those bolts screwed in and secure the side bags, then the trunk is also secured. This is NOT in the owners' manual.

As I said, I mounted the passenger handhold accessories. With those in place, the wiring for the trunk cannot be threaded out for trunk removal unless the seat is taken off first (two Allen-head bolts behind the side panels). In my case, with all of that done, I still could not get the trunk off. Release levers were in full up position and wiring unplugged and freed, but even when I pulled back on the trunk hard enough that I almost lifted the bike off it's back wheel, the trunk would not come off. I don't know what's up with that.
RonBou
Posted 2011-10-11 7:02 AM (#98789 - in reply to #95561)

Cruiser

" I can't even get my trunk off!

The XCT came with two bolts that block the quick release levers, kind of like a safety catch. The side bags must be removed in rod to back these two bolts out. If you leave those bolts screwed in and secure the side bags, then the trunk is also secured. This is NOT in the owners' manual.

As I said, I mounted the passenger handhold accessories. With those in place, the wiring for the trunk cannot be threaded out for trunk removal unless the seat is taken off first (two Allen-head bolts behind the side panels). In my case, with all of that done, I still could not get the trunk off. Release levers were in full up position and wiring unplugged and freed, but even when I pulled back on the trunk hard enough that I almost lifted the bike off it's back wheel, the trunk would not come off. I don't know what's up with that."

My 12 XCT doesn't have bolts on the trunk. I would guess that this was something the dealer did... good idea.

I found I couldn't lift my trunk off until I squatted down and use my shoulder as leverage. It's 50 lbs and a tight fit.

Edited by RonBou 2011-10-11 7:03 AM
VisionNWRider
Posted 2011-11-29 5:32 PM (#102381 - in reply to #95561)

Iron Butt

Tri Cities, WA
Well Guys/Gals we finally decided after many weeks of talking and waiting for the right deals from victory we pulled the trigger and signed for my wifes new Sunset Red 2012 XCT this morning. They ordered it back in Oct with the intent for us to buy it and when it showed up last week my wife seen it and said I have to have. Like I stated above we sold her 09 Street glide back in Oct and she has not been happy without her own ride in the garage since. So now we are strictly a victory family and have my 08 vision and her new XCT in the garage. She even said to me as we were leaving our local Victory dealer that it's time to get rid of her HD stuff and extra parts lying around. Got love a women who loves Victory. :-). We are picking it up on Friday becasue we want a few things done to it before riding it home. So you all will be seeing myself hanging out allot more here and asking for advice on her new ride. Later..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™