You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Interesting Harley Rider Comment!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Stripe
Posted 2011-09-24 10:46 PM (#97594)
Subject: Interesting Harley Rider Comment!

New user

Rode my new Cross Country 2011 two tone White/Silver to my Harley friends house today. He was outside with his 2010 Harley Streetglide which he has done the required lipstick on a pig additions. They were parked side by side and he said "The Victory looks like Miss Universe standing next to Mrs. Doubtfire" I started laughing so hard I had pepsi coming out of my nose.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
40vegas
Posted 2011-09-26 10:20 AM (#97717 - in reply to #97594)
Subject: Re: Interesting Harley Rider Comment!

Puddle Jumper

That's funny. Hard to imagine a Harley buff making such a statement. Usually pride and ego get in the way for that. My Harley friends call my black XC a 'pointy ugly thing'. I just think, I could own a Harley but then I'd have to ride it.
whitie
Posted 2011-11-01 5:03 PM (#100490 - in reply to #97594)

Puddle Jumper

Northbridge, MA
Imagine it... I've been drinkin' the H/D Kool-Aid for yrs now and just bought a new XC. I'm actually pissed at H/D for the enormous amount of obvious "underengineering" they do. I'd be on a new Road Glide now... if it was worth it's weight in cow s#!t! They are in trouble cuz these Victory boys have built a GEM!!!
whitie
Posted 2011-11-01 5:04 PM (#100491 - in reply to #97594)

Puddle Jumper

Northbridge, MA
BTW, I'm having a sale on multiple, slightly used H/D T-shirts... ;-)
BBob
Posted 2011-11-15 12:54 AM (#101519 - in reply to #97594)

Havasu, AZ
Heck; I still wear my HD hats and t-shirts. I don't dislike HD; I just like Victory more now.

I am disappointed in HD though since they started cutting so many corners to get their production numbers in line.

The lipstick on pig comparison is sadly accurate now.
Commander
Posted 2011-12-26 8:47 PM (#104156 - in reply to #97594)
Subject: RE: Interesting Harley Rider Comment!

Puddle Jumper

Kokomo, IN
One of my best friends has been a Harley rider forever. He told me he'd trade for a Victory, but he has H-D tats, and about 50 t-shirts, jackets, and sweats.
Big Vic
Posted 2011-12-28 11:22 AM (#104240 - in reply to #97594)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Sometimes the HD crowd just needs a little perspective. Would he stay in a bad marrige just because he tatooed his wifes name on his arm? I hope not. Does he have to throw away his AC/DC T-shirts because he now likes Nickleback more? I wouldn't know why. It's ok for HD riders to become EX HD riders if they find a better bike that better suits there needs. I have a lot more respect for riders that actually care more about the "bike" than they do about the T-shirts, hats, signs, pool tables, beer glasses and other bullshit with HD printed on it. I refer to those people as "educated motorcyclist" It shouldn't be hard to convince an educated motorcyclist to choose a bike that suits his needs the best. If he's riding an HD just to be part of the "in crowd" and decorate his house with HD crap.......well that's a different story. You'll never get those sheep to leave the herd.

Edited by Big Vic 2011-12-28 11:25 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™