You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Bluetooth Dongle Recall
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

vision2012
Posted 2013-05-21 5:38 PM (#139326)
Subject: Bluetooth Dongle Recall

Puddle Jumper

Georgia
Hi Guys, I was at my dealer discussing A CB radio with the parts guy and he asked me if I would be interested in buying the sena bluetooth dongle. I told him that I already had one and that it sounded like crap and you have to turn the bass and treble down in order for the sound to be slightly clear. He called victory tech support and was told that the first batch that victory sold last year had a software problem and that they are replacing them free of charge if the customer brings it back. Victory stated that they knew about the problem around november 2012 but they had no way of tracking the customers that bought them. Well my parts rep swapped mine out for the updated one and it works very well and you don't have to turn the bass and treble down. I did notice that if you not only turn off the bikes speakers but also turn the bikes volume to zero the headset increases slightly. My dealer asked me to post this for those that purchased their dongle last year and were having the problems with bad sound and static. He said you should contact your victory dealer and if they give you a problem with exchanging yours, to have them call victory tech support to verify the recall.

Edited by vision2012 2013-05-21 5:44 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
hclare
Posted 2013-05-21 6:51 PM (#139335 - in reply to #139326)
Subject: Re: Bluetooth Dongle Recall

Puddle Jumper

Thanks for the info. I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago and have had no problems. Won't the audio system turn off if you set the volume at zero?
marcparnes
Posted 2013-05-21 7:31 PM (#139340 - in reply to #139326)

Iron Butt

Of course you have to have the external speakers set to off. Each time you turn the radio on or start the bike raise the volume up a little bit and then lower it all the way down and you'll notice that the volume will increase a little bit. It's not much but for me, it's enough to make it so I can hear it with ear plugs in.

Marc
vision2012
Posted 2013-05-21 8:00 PM (#139343 - in reply to #139335)

Puddle Jumper

Georgia
no, you're already going to have the external speakers turned off and the volume control won't affect your bluetooth headset. but for some reason when I turned the radio volume to zero my sena headset got slightly louder.
Scotr3
Posted 2013-10-04 1:40 PM (#146217 - in reply to #139326)

Puddle Jumper

Moweaqua, IL United States
does this dongle link to other brands of headsets? will it also send the CB intercom signals?
Oldman47
Posted 2013-10-04 10:12 PM (#146234 - in reply to #139326)

Tourer

Central Illinois
A bluetooth dongle does not know what is on the other end. It will link with any brand of headset.
Bashcars
Posted 2013-10-04 11:22 PM (#146235 - in reply to #139326)

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
I talked to my parts guy and he said the CB does not work with BT. You have to go with the wired system.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™