You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cycleops service
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

kjb
Posted 2013-07-13 5:25 AM (#141543)
Subject: Cycleops service

Puddle Jumper

Has anybody had any experience with them , have vision lowers ordered on june 2 and still no delivery , have spoke on phone and e-mail and was told multiple times , they will ship but still nothing . Send emails daily and now no response ? Paid on pay pal and wonder if I should try and get payment back.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2013-07-13 6:52 AM (#141545 - in reply to #141543)
Subject: Re: Cycleops service

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
well i bought from them 1.5 years ago, and my service was Grade A.. but in your case you are talking about 1.5 months now.......
diamonbird
Posted 2013-07-13 6:57 AM (#141546 - in reply to #141545)

Cruiser

Mechanicsville, VA United States
Something must be wrong with Will! He's a great guy and would never do anything shady. Keep trying Kjb...
lstayner
Posted 2013-07-13 7:48 AM (#141549 - in reply to #141543)
Subject: RE: Cycleops service

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
I had a similar experience with Will. He is a very good vendor but probably a bit disorganized. The product is worth the wait.

Daily emails and phone calls is a bit much. Try every few days in an email. He hasn't forgotten you.
XRsteve
Posted 2013-07-13 8:07 AM (#141550 - in reply to #141543)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
He got my custom luggage rack done in about a month. Great work and product. Don't know what may be holding up your order.........
SpookyEng
Posted 2013-07-13 9:58 AM (#141552 - in reply to #141550)

Cruiser

Navarre, FL
I placed an order back in May and it still hasn't shipped. He is having some issues, I hope he gets everything back on track soon.
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-07-13 6:56 PM (#141570 - in reply to #141543)

Visionary

Get your money back and look on ebay or another sealer
kjb
Posted 2013-07-13 8:56 PM (#141573 - in reply to #141543)

Puddle Jumper

He's got some cool stuff , just have to wait it out I guess.
buickgsx
Posted 2013-07-13 9:40 PM (#141575 - in reply to #141573)

New user

I have been waiting since December on approx. a $400 order. I have written it off as a bad business deal, but I haven't forgotten it. Looking forward to seeing the vendors at the AVR.
BrandonM7
Posted 2013-07-13 11:05 PM (#141583 - in reply to #141543)

Cruiser

LaGrange, GA
That really sucks. When I ordered my uppers and lowers dude e-mailed me within about 10 minutes letting me know he had some at the powdercoater so it would take a day or two to get them shipped out. In a day they were shipped out. I hope all is well with him and he manages to get the shit together.
Boots
Posted 2013-07-13 11:28 PM (#141584 - in reply to #141583)

Tourer

New Mexico
BrandonM7 - 2013-07-13 10:05 PM

When I ordered my uppers and lowers dude e-mailed me within about 10 minutes... In a day they were shipped out.

Same here. Quick, professional, good quality.
rdbudd
Posted 2013-07-14 11:10 AM (#141597 - in reply to #141543)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
kjb - 2013-07-13 5:25 AM

Has anybody had any experience with them , have vision lowers ordered on june 2 and still no delivery , have spoke on phone and e-mail and was told multiple times , they will ship but still nothing . Send emails daily and now no response ? Paid on pay pal and wonder if I should try and get payment back.

Will is good people and I've been pleased with his parts and service. He recently posted on the VMC with an apology and an explanation of why he's been slow getting things out recently. It has to do with a 17 month long divorce proceeding and his kids. In that post, he asked for patience and time to get his business rolling again.

It's frustrating waiting on stuff, but if you can, you might give him a chance.

Ronnie
Liandra
Posted 2013-07-14 11:40 AM (#141599 - in reply to #141543)

Cruiser

Tifton, GA
I talked with Will at the S.E. Victory Rally in June. He is having problems due to the divorce, but had part of what I wanted with him. He shipped the rest in a timely manner. I am very happy with his products and service.
BrandonM7
Posted 2013-07-14 12:15 PM (#141600 - in reply to #141597)

Cruiser

LaGrange, GA
rdbudd - 2013-07-14 12:10 PM

kjb - 2013-07-13 5:25 AM

Will is good people and I've been pleased with his parts and service. He recently posted on the VMC with an apology and an explanation of why he's been slow getting things out recently. It has to do with a 17 month long divorce proceeding and his kids. In that post, he asked for patience and time to get his business rolling again.

It's frustrating waiting on stuff, but if you can, you might give him a chance.

Ronnie

I appreciate you making that post, and I'm sure he would as well. I hate for anyone to have problems like that, especially involving their kids. I hope it all works out well.
taz456
Posted 2013-07-16 5:36 AM (#141690 - in reply to #141543)

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
I placed in order with him last year. he emailed me and told me that some stuff was being delayed due to chrome shop problems. I waited and about 2 weeks later I got his shipment. He threw in an extra flag pole topper and apologized for the delay. It was just a small gesture and I had already ordered two of them but the fact that he threw in an extra (different model) showed me that he is a stand up guy. Give it time and maybe drop him another message.
kjb
Posted 2013-07-25 3:44 PM (#142087 - in reply to #141543)

Puddle Jumper

Another 2 weeks past and no delivery,was told by email item was shipped on 7/15/13 . But still nothing,is it long enough yet ?
Travelin Man
Posted 2013-07-25 8:11 PM (#142097 - in reply to #141543)

Iron Butt

Many here know I don't like Will's prices or more correctly his excuses for his prices but I have never seen him screw someone around by lying about making a delivery or by saying something is shipping and it doesn't. The way I see it if his personal problems are affecting his business then if he wants his business to flourish he needs to either concentrate more on the business or allow someone to come in and handle things for him to maintain his standards of service. This past winter while I was in the middle of doing a production run of the jet exhaust tips I had several problems with my elderly parents health to deal with that kept delaying finishing the production run so after all the machining was completed I turned the project over to Jon at Witchdoctor Billet Specialties so that he could not only finish everything but handle distribution as well. The lesson I learned is to never be afraid to step away from something and hand it over to someone more qualified to deal with it rather than to continuously issue empty promises on delivery. That said, and seeing that Will isn't the type to allow someone else to run his business so he can deal with his personal problems, I would simply give him the benefit of the doubt and allow an extended time to receive your parts.
BlackMandingoWarrior
Posted 2013-07-25 9:14 PM (#142101 - in reply to #141543)

Puddle Jumper

Dayton, OH
I bought some heel blades from him a couple of summers ago (WHOOA, didn't pay $200!?!? dam, inflation is a mother) and he delivered them quickly. He also said he was working on a passenger back rest that never materialized (correct me if I'm wrong). He seems well intentioned but his execution is lacking IMHO. Must be a one man show and can't keep life from interfering with business!?!? I hope he can pull it together; seems to have nice product but a bad reputation is hard to overcome
JustBob
Posted 2013-07-25 11:19 PM (#142108 - in reply to #141543)

Cruiser

Extreme Southern, AZ United States
Just got a rack for my 13, and it's really good looking and it was delivered quite speedily,  Nothing but props from me for them.
DrDecay
Posted 2013-08-02 9:15 PM (#142405 - in reply to #141543)

Cruiser

Apopka, FL
I chatted with Will this week on FB. He is a very stand up guy but he is being buried alive with his drawn out divorce. He gets his girls 50/50, and playing cook, nurse, dad, house keeper, laundry, he is just overwhelmed. I suggested that he may want to turn down orders, but he says he needs the cash flow. He is being forced to sell his home now also, and that is just one more headache; packing, keeping the home in "show" condition. He will never do any of you a bad deal, just a slow deal right now. If you like his products and aren't in a hurry, wait him out. If you can't wait, I'm sure he'll understand.
AZdave
Posted 2013-08-02 11:58 PM (#142410 - in reply to #141543)

Puddle Jumper

Scottsdale
I got a powder coated rear pulley from him. No problem. We spoke on the phone and he told me how long it would be pretty much right on schedule. I live in AZ and ride year round so I understand people that have a riding season want their bikes done and on the road. Wishing Will the best
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-08-26 10:13 PM (#143623 - in reply to #142410)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
I ordered upper and lower deflectors from Cycleops/Will on Friday. Today the USPS delivered them. Great service from a great guy!
texasgrumpy
Posted 2013-08-26 10:39 PM (#143624 - in reply to #141543)

Cruiser

I've gotten stuff from him and never had a issue
GeekVisionRider
Posted 2013-08-27 11:22 AM (#143643 - in reply to #141543)

Cruiser

Fredonia, WI United States
I have gotten stuff from him in the past (pre-divorce?) and had the best customer experience possible. Wil is a good guy. Just seems like a bad situation right now. Sorry to see him go through that.
CycleOps USA
Posted 2013-08-27 9:02 PM (#143686 - in reply to #143643)

Tourer

N. Miami, Florida
Hi guys, it's been a long time since I've been able to find the time to login here due to all the crap that's been thrown on my plate for the last 18 months. Being a one-man show who does the work of three on a daily basis is bad enough, but when you get thrown into the pot also be mother, housemaid, laundry person, and then have to deal with lawyers and courts and an ex who is a psychopath not to mention an undiagnosed full-blown narcissist, then and only then can you begin to understand What the last 18 months of my life has been like. Add to that someone who is stolen probably a few hundred thousand dollars from you out the back door of the last four years, major life a living hell do to their lies and deceit, and tried to steal both of your businesses and got away with one of them, then you might start to believe this nightmare I have been living. I had her throwing out of the house on restraining order for almost 8 weeks for full custody of my children early in the springtime, that alone put me so far behind that I just now finished playing catch up on orders. Because that all caused me to lose track of stock and run out of stock on some parts and there in lies why there were some delays on certain parts. Most don't understand that my hands touch virtually every part that goes out my door and that is why my quality level is second to none. To make matters worse she forced a sale on the home that I and my children been in for 12 years. I had to be at the house for every single showing because I had to keep my bedroom locked because she was stealing things like documents and personal belongings from my personal space. I had to be here for inspections and all the other little bullshit things that go along with selling a house. Then add to that the fact that I needed to go out and find a new home in a route to put over my children's head in the midst of taking care of running two businesses, a four bedroom house, children in school, then children in the summer when it wasn't fair to them to drag them to my shop every day. The past three weeks I have been spending my weekends doing garage sales and cleaning out the clutter from this house because my ex was also somewhat of a pack rat, a borderline hoarder so to speak. It has been an absolute nightmare trying to pack this house and be prepared to get out of here in 12 days. To make matters worse the mortgage is delayed on the new home that I've purchased of which I also plan on closing my shop and moving the business back into my home, my garage, so that I can be there from my nine and 11-year-old daughters 50% of each week. My life is been a living hell, with no time to actually have a life for myself, but you know what? When God gives you lemons you make lemonade. I've got about 25.55 gallon drums in the backyard, anybody want some?

All I can say is I've been knocked down to the floor several times in the last 18 months but I am a survivor and I am climbing back to my feet each and every time. What do I need from you guys right now? I need all the support you can give me not to mention all the orders that you can send my way to help me get back on top and put Cyclops back to the position that it has always had for the last 7+ years, unparalleled customer service and products that are superior to virtually everything else available on the market. I have also absorbed several price increases that I have gotten from both machine shops and finishers, especially chrome, And very soon I will need to revamp the website and raise prices otherwise I'm going to be losing money. My ex did the website so now that's one more thing I have to deal with is new expense of either paying a web designer, or learning how to do it myself. I've learned how to build websites as I had to do from my other business, which is the brokerage company. However CycleOps is so much more intense due to the severe number of products that I make as well as carry from other people that the thought of the time I need to put into that makes my head spin.

All I can say in closing is that I have really missed interacting and chatting with all of you guys in here for the last year plus and I will be back on a regular basis soon when I get into the new house, the shop all settled in and my daughters mental and emotional health stable and grounded the way they deserve. I appreciate all of your support, and Especially of those who have chiming in here in my defense and have explained the ugly situation that I've been dealt but that I'm dealing with.
Thank you for taking the time to read this lengthy post.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™