You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Voiding Warranty
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

jjp53
Posted 2013-08-28 8:11 PM (#143735)
Subject: Voiding Warranty

Cruiser

Gilroy, Ca
Will I void my warranty of I was to have a non certified Victory shop install cams on my bike?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Oldman47
Posted 2013-08-28 8:33 PM (#143736 - in reply to #143735)
Subject: Re: Voiding Warranty

Tourer

Central Illinois
Anything that you do to your bike must pass the same test. Does it affect the engine? If it does, expect trouble for a warranty claim against the engine. Even a cam installed at your local dealer may fall into that bucket. Who does the work means nothing at all. Magnuson-Moss legislation has seen to that.
diamonbird
Posted 2013-08-28 8:36 PM (#143737 - in reply to #143735)

Cruiser

Mechanicsville, VA United States
They decide that(they being Victory)......Victory can for any reason deny a claim and there's not much you can do about it!
If you're going to make any changes to your motor it's always better to have the work done by someone who's familar with Victory motors...
Look around and find someone that know Victorys.
Nozzledog
Posted 2013-08-28 9:01 PM (#143740 - in reply to #143735)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Are you talking Victory cams? or aftermarket cams (Lloydz)? Aftermarket will most definitely. A product made by Victory may or may not. They will often put a disclaimer like 'not for street use' and thus voiding the warranty, since anything other than street use voids the warranty.
baadawg
Posted 2013-08-29 8:12 PM (#143796 - in reply to #143735)

Tourer

Chattanooga, TN
What a bunch of hooey! If you buy a new HD and add a Stage IV kit to it, it is covered under the original manufacturers warranty. Polaris has nothing like that :-( On the plus side, my mods were a little less than the parts alone for the stage IV and I've got 109hp and 115ft/lbs!

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/se-103-ci-performance-stage-4-...
jb.hatch
Posted 2013-08-29 8:48 PM (#143799 - in reply to #143735)

Cruiser

Phenix City AL.
You can buy the HD with all the B.S. done to it, they know you will not put a lot of miles on it LOL

Edited by jb.hatch 2013-08-29 8:49 PM
diamonbird
Posted 2013-08-30 7:01 AM (#143811 - in reply to #143735)

Cruiser

Mechanicsville, VA United States
Coverage of a claim is totally up to the manufacture of the product until your Lawyer's are brought into the case. The piece of paper they hand you are only guide line they may or may not follow. The one with the most money wins! This is Warranties 101.
I know someone who bought/ordered a HD from a HD dealership and had the motor souped up before picking the bike up, all parts were HD performance parts and installed at the dealership, long story short, the motor blew up, HD denied his claim, he had to paid $10,000 out of his pocket to have it fixed...he never touched the bikes motor as far as doing anything not even changing the oil, his dealer did it all.
He had a warranty too!

Edited by diamonbird 2013-08-30 7:09 AM
kevinx
Posted 2013-08-30 11:24 AM (#143823 - in reply to #143811)

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
diamonbird - 2013-08-30 8:01 AM

Coverage of a claim is totally up to the manufacture of the product until your Lawyer's are brought into the case. The piece of paper they hand you are only guide line they may or may not follow. The one with the most money wins! This is Warranties 101.
I know someone who bought/ordered a HD from a HD dealership and had the motor souped up before picking the bike up, all parts were HD performance parts and installed at the dealership, long story short, the motor blew up, HD denied his claim, he had to paid $10,000 out of his pocket to have it fixed...he never touched the bikes motor as far as doing anything not even changing the oil, his dealer did it all.
He had a warranty too!

That is the truth. Have several friends that can attest to the warranty not covering engines modded by dealers; with all SE parts
The thing to bear in mind is this. After the first 12 months you have NO WARRANTY. What you in fact have is an INSURANCE POLICY. It spells out in reasonably plain English that ANY MODIFICATION CAN VOID. This includes, lighting, car tires, gauges, etc. Like I said ANY modification.
So where does this take us.....The only exterior indication of a cam job is the fuel controller. Soooooo....If you have a fuel pump issue, and you are worried the dealer may have a boner for you. Snatch it off. If an adjuster sees it. He will drop you right there. This also means that the dealer that does the install has a record of your modifications, and could use it to screw you.
bigfoot
Posted 2013-08-30 9:19 PM (#143857 - in reply to #143735)

Tourer

Akron Ohio area
I've had several warranty claims.
Victory has paid for some of them.
My extended warranty company, Polaristar, paid for parts and pieces of a larger problem leaving me paying nearly $1,000 out of pocket.
My motorcycle is completely stock, which makes it slightly easier to argue with them.
kevinx
Posted 2013-08-30 9:36 PM (#143859 - in reply to #143735)

Visionary

If they paid for part,; Polaristar should have paid the whole job. Been doing this a LONG time and have never had them only pay part of the repair order; on a non consumable part. Your dealer screwed you
baadawg
Posted 2013-08-31 12:09 PM (#143880 - in reply to #143735)

Tourer

Chattanooga, TN
Ouch, Kevin. My local dealer told me that I have to pay for the diagnostic time because Polaristar covered the repair/parts ONLY. Could he be referring to this?

Edited by baadawg 2013-08-31 12:10 PM
kevinx
Posted 2013-08-31 12:26 PM (#143882 - in reply to #143735)

Visionary

Diag time is only applicable on noted rairs. They are double dipping you
baadawg
Posted 2013-08-31 1:38 PM (#143891 - in reply to #143735)

Tourer

Chattanooga, TN
Thanks
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™