You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

New Vision, exhaust and tips question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

kctay
Posted 2013-08-30 11:06 AM (#143822)
Subject: New Vision, exhaust and tips question

Puddle Jumper

Hey all, I'll be getting my new Vision in a couple of weeks and had a couple of questions about exhaust options. I have ridden two Visions with the Ness Honkers and like the sound, but it's a little loud for me. Is there something that still has that quality of sound, but has a few less DB's than the Honkers?

I heard a Vision at this years national that had a good smooth sound, I think the guys name was Dan Bruland? Any one know him? I'd like to know what he was running. Also I'm interested in some of the billet tips either from Ness, or Witchdoctor. But my question is; they look about twice as long as the factory Vision tips, so do they hang out the back too far?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kctay
Posted 2013-08-30 1:19 PM (#143830 - in reply to #143822)
Subject: RE: New Vision, exhaust and tips question

Puddle Jumper

Nobody even uses any of the fluted style billet tips?

http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/1858/victory-motorcycle-parts-exhaust-...

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/deep-cut-muffler-tips-black-victo...

SpookyEng
Posted 2013-08-30 1:47 PM (#143831 - in reply to #143822)

Cruiser

Navarre, FL
I did the "Thrush Mod" and I am very happy with the results, nice rumble and not obnoxious when cruising.
varyder
Posted 2013-08-30 3:39 PM (#143835 - in reply to #143831)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

did you do anything else, controller, air filter, reflash?

kctay
Posted 2013-08-30 3:45 PM (#143836 - in reply to #143835)

Puddle Jumper

Yeah, not a big fan of the thrush method, or cherry bomb method using the stock cans. I own 5 custom exhaust shops in Oregon, and I have seen how those are put together, not the best performance wise, and life expectancy on a thrush muffler isn't that good, they are about the cheapest made. It would be nice to see a thread on performance data from different slip ons. I realize some of them do nothing but make more noise, and others actually lose performance.
Tims_11Vision
Posted 2013-08-30 4:07 PM (#143837 - in reply to #143822)
Subject: Re: New Vision, exhaust and tips question

Cruiser

Lexington Park, MD
Welcome KCTay an congrats on the upcoming vision. I am not sure you want to do this as you already seem to have found a set of pipes you want but as an interim, I followed a thread on here (cant find it right now and have to run) drilling 6 1/2" holes in the rear end of each stock pipe. Did it last year along with adding a 2nd upper filter same time. Got avg of about 40mpg my riding style most of the time and power based on butt-dyno was pretty healthy. Got 12K+ now and recently added a VFCIII and ATS and in work installing Ness Honkers. The sound was a nice low rumble yet open it up and it would let you know your on a VTwin but not abnoxious. Did NOT have the sewing machine sound on the stock side, almost all gone. The bulk of the baffle was still in tact mid section on the stock muffler so looking at its design it just opened up the 2nd half the tube. I was pretty happy with it but like you, had heard a pipe I wanted and had to get it. If you want more info or can't find the thread shoot me a PM and will search some more. Safe ridin Tim
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-08-30 8:27 PM (#143850 - in reply to #143822)

Visionary

Hey I have the fluted tip and there just fine
Allen_B
Posted 2013-08-30 8:37 PM (#143853 - in reply to #143822)

Cruiser

Clinton, CT
Just installed a pair of chrome D&D reverse slash-cuts. A tad louder than the Victory Stage 1 pipes; nice low rumble that is comfortable at cruising speeds. Nice roar when winding them out! Talking to Kyle (at KMC) they are on the quieter end of the spectrum, quieter than the Honkers and perform very well overall.

Fit and finish seem excellent and I really like to looks. There was a little bit of a goof with the cut- I intended to go with the side cuts that match the OEM mufflers but got the reverse slash instead. Was a little unsure at first (Kyle offered to order the others) but one they were on, really like the difference...

/r

Allen

Edited by Allen_B 2013-08-30 8:38 PM
kctay
Posted 2013-08-31 1:48 PM (#143892 - in reply to #143853)

Puddle Jumper

Allen,

I like the sound of the D&D, but I want the ability to put on the fluted billet tips. The D&D doesn't allow you to change the tips out correct?
Allen_B
Posted 2013-08-31 3:42 PM (#143896 - in reply to #143822)

Cruiser

Clinton, CT
From what I can tell, no I don't believe you could use the fluted tips (no way to attach them). I would strongly suggest shooting D&D an email to make sure though.

Personally, I don't care for the tips but that is also exactly why Baskin-Robbins makes 31 flavors...

/r

Allen
witchdoctor
Posted 2013-09-01 9:04 AM (#143932 - in reply to #143822)

Cruiser

You can look on our website and see some pictures of the tips on Visions. http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/1619/victory-motorcycle-parts-exhaust-...
SpookyEng
Posted 2013-09-01 11:35 AM (#143940 - in reply to #143835)

Cruiser

Navarre, FL
I did the filter. In the process of setting up a cam party so that will take care of the rest.
wtwhitelaw
Posted 2013-09-02 9:32 AM (#143993 - in reply to #143822)

Cruiser

Flowery Branch Ga
Check out Witchdoctor.com. He has the Muscle Mufflers in baffled and unbaffled. I have the unbaffled version. They are not so loud as to make the nieghbors mad when I go to work in the middle of the night. Also, any tip made for the factory mufflers will wok with the Muscle mufflers. You should only need to unplug the O2 sensors when swapping pipes with no other mods.
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-09-02 11:08 AM (#144003 - in reply to #143822)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Also take a look at Witchdoctor's Voodoo Mufflers. I went from OEM to L1S1 to the Voodoo. You can hear the mufflers here:

http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/1928/victory-motorcycle-parts-exhaust-...

The sound in the video is pretty accurate. I was looking for a throaty sound at idle and more aggressive at RPMs.
Spiderman
Posted 2013-09-02 7:53 PM (#144038 - in reply to #143822)

Cruiser

Hudson, Ohio
I am selling my WitchDoctor tips because I am going back to D&D's....these are one of a kind and fit, stock, L1 Stage 1, Big Honkers and of course all WD pipes including the VooDoo's. $200 plus shipping.

(Image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Image.jpg (92KB - 0 downloads)
kctay
Posted 2013-09-21 1:17 PM (#144767 - in reply to #144038)

Puddle Jumper

For the love of God man, Spiderman giving up his spidey tips! Oh the humanity! LOL
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™