You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Witchdoctor.com Listens to YOU! Vision Replacement Fender Coming Soon!
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Rammurry
Posted 2013-09-14 7:46 PM (#144498 - in reply to #144491)
Subject: RE: Witchdoctor.com Listens to YOU! Vision Replacement Fender Coming Soon!

Cruiser

witchdoctor - 2013-09-14 5:04 PM

Rammurry - 2013-09-14 4:56 PM

Jon
+1 on making the fender longer.
I am thinking 2-3" would give more protection to the battery area. It would also look better in MHO.
Thanks for your efforts.
Is there a date yet on when we will be able to place orders?
This is kinda life waiting for Christmas so I can buy my own gift!

I keep changing my mind on how I want to do this. lol Each time I think I'm almost done I look at it and say "If i did this is would make it better" and then I go back to the drawing board. I have some more material coming on Monday so I hope to have the new idea figured out by hopefully Tuesday. I have trial fit the new fender on the bike and just making some tweaks- BUT when you tweak 1 thing it screws up 2 more! lol

Making the fender longer in the back shouldn't be a problem- but then again it might be back to the drawing board.

I'm not going to take any pre orders just yet. I want to get it done so everyone can see what they are buying plus I wont have a final cost until I have it all figured out. Once I get a prototype done I can then take pre orders and start making them.

Jon
We know your dedication to your work and the quality you will bring to the table.
Take your time to satisfy your self and your customers will be happy.
My fender has not yet failed, however I still am concerned about the safety of the co-pilot and myself.
I promise to my clean my room and not tease the other kids (HD riders) hoping Santa will arrive soon (lol).

Thanks again
Rick
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Chef John
Posted 2013-09-14 10:56 PM (#144501 - in reply to #143838)
Subject: Re: Witchdoctor.com Listens to YOU! Vision Replacement Fender Coming Soon!

Cruiser

Delray Beach, FL United States
I personally would like an extended rear front fender to protect the battery & oil cooler. And I think it is great that you see the importance in fixing this matter. You guys rock!
Arkainzeye
Posted 2013-09-15 7:18 AM (#144502 - in reply to #144501)
Subject: Re: Witchdoctor.com Listens to YOU! Vision Replacement Fender Coming Soon!

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Chef John - 2013-09-14 10:56 PM

I personally would like an extended rear front fender to protect the battery & oil cooler. And I think it is great that you see the importance in fixing this matter. You guys rock!

there are people on here with OVER 100,000 miles.. so protecting the battery and oil cooler is not needed.
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2013-09-15 10:20 AM (#144509 - in reply to #143838)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
Making the rear section longer/lower would NOT be good,IMHO. I know that the first one broke due to tall 'speed bumps' (more like mountains) that are installed in the RV park where I live.
BrandonM7
Posted 2013-09-15 10:57 PM (#144524 - in reply to #144509)

Cruiser

LaGrange, GA
CoolHandLuke - 2013-09-15 11:20 AM

Making the rear section longer/lower would NOT be good,IMHO. I know that the first one broke due to tall 'speed bumps' (more like mountains) that are installed in the RV park where I live.

I agree with you -- I don't want longer. I work at a college and park wherever I can. Sometimes that means going up or down a curb. I have enough clearance now to do that, but not much room to spare. I'd hate to spend $$$ on a nice metal fender and then crunch it dropping off of a sidewalk.
XRsteve
Posted 2013-09-16 11:32 AM (#144545 - in reply to #144524)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
BrandonM7 - 2013-09-15 10:57 PM

CoolHandLuke - 2013-09-15 11:20 AM

I agree with you -- I don't want longer. I work at a college and park wherever I can. Sometimes that means going up or down a curb. I have enough clearance now to do that, but not much room to spare. I'd hate to spend $$$ on a nice metal fender and then crunch it dropping off of a sidewalk.

That is another thing to think about..........
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-09-17 7:56 AM (#144589 - in reply to #143838)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Hey Jon

Will today bring the highly anticipated update and possibly a look at Witchdotor's new fender? 😃
witchdoctor
Posted 2013-09-17 7:13 PM (#144614 - in reply to #143838)

Cruiser

Just giving an update! I have more done on it and getting very close to having a prototype done. I mounted it up today and so far so good. I had asked around a bit to see if longer- extended- in the rear was feasible. Some said yes and some said no. A good point that was brought up was speed bumps. I looked into it and have decided to keep it the stock length in the back. It already is lower or just about even with the front cowling and I DO think it would hit speed bumps if it were any lower. As I was looking at this I got to wondering if any ones that have cracked could have hit a speed bump? Just a thought..

Keep in mind this is a fender for the normal rider. Once this is done I will / can make one that is custom all the way around which could mean lower in the rear for those of you that want that.

No pictures until its done. Its not as fancy as you think! lol
Rammurry
Posted 2013-09-17 7:17 PM (#144616 - in reply to #143838)
Subject: RE: Witchdoctor.com Listens to YOU! Vision Replacement Fender Coming Soon!

Cruiser

Jon

Thanks for the update, sounds like you are making good progress.

Rick
Arkainzeye
Posted 2013-09-17 9:21 PM (#144621 - in reply to #143838)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Would these fenders be painted? Or is it up to the customer to find someone to paint it?
witchdoctor
Posted 2013-09-18 5:33 AM (#144636 - in reply to #143838)

Cruiser

I'm not sure yet. Details on that soon.
okie vision
Posted 2013-09-18 7:59 AM (#144639 - in reply to #144614)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
witchdoctor - 2013-09-17 7:13 PM
As I was looking at this I got to wondering if any ones that have cracked could have hit a speed bump? Just a thought..

Not trying to stir a pot but I agree. These cracked fenders did not happen just riding. There's been some type of blunt trauma to the piece over time. I'm sure it's an afterthought when it happens but something other than just age and rolling down the road causes it. Speed bump, coming off a curb, etc. I'm sure this is why Victory doesn't do something to change it. Can't prove it of course as well as those w/ issues can't disprove it.

Soooo Jon, are you ready for your metal fender to receive complaints that somehow it magically ends up creased, bent, crinkled in the rear over time? LOL
Monkeyman
Posted 2013-09-18 8:08 AM (#144640 - in reply to #143838)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
It DOESN'T happen because of bumps. That's easy to tell. Just look at the bottom of the fender. Mine didn't have any marks on the bottom, meaning it didn't come in contact with anything and it still cracked. Before Victory replaces any of these, they require pics. If they saw evidence that it had hit something, they wouldn't authorize a replacement as that would then be up to your insurance company. I'm not saying that there isn't one or 2 out there that haven't come in contact with a speed bump, but that's NOT the cause of the mass failure. Sorry, okie, but these DID happen with "just age and rolling down the road". If you go over a speed bump high enough to hit the OEM fender, you'll do some damage to other body parts.
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-09-18 8:15 AM (#144641 - in reply to #143838)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Hey Jon

Maybe you could offer powder coating as an option.
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-09-18 8:15 AM (#144642 - in reply to #143838)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Hey Jon

Maybe you could offer powder coating as an option.
Barry
Posted 2013-09-18 9:01 AM (#144644 - in reply to #143838)

Puddle Jumper

Denton Texas
I would think that if it is long enough to drag on a speed bumb, that is also a design problem.
Monkeyman
Posted 2013-09-18 9:31 AM (#144646 - in reply to #143838)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
Go out and look at a Vision some time. If you hit a speed bump with the fender, you'll absolutely destroy the front tupperware, battery, front of the motor, etc. If you're going over speed bumps or curbs that high, you need to find an alternate route.
okie vision
Posted 2013-09-18 10:22 AM (#144649 - in reply to #144640)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
Monkeyman - 2013-09-18 8:08 AM

Sorry, okie, but these DID happen with "just age and rolling down the road".

No apology needed. I think it is a poor design.
You didn't change my mind but its an interesting topic

Edited by okie vision 2013-09-18 10:34 AM
Spiderman
Posted 2013-09-18 7:47 PM (#144665 - in reply to #143838)

Cruiser

Hudson, Ohio
Ohhhh Boys.....wait till you see the WitchDoctor solution. Got a sneak peek today.....gonna be a nice alternative to other offerings that is for sure.
okie vision
Posted 2013-09-18 10:11 PM (#144668 - in reply to #143838)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
If there's laser cut web designs in this fender, we're gonna have issues!
Spiderman
Posted 2013-09-19 8:18 AM (#144675 - in reply to #144668)

Cruiser

Hudson, Ohio
okie vision - 2013-09-18 11:11 PM

If there's laser cut web designs in this fender, we're gonna have issues!

LOL....that would be cool! Thanks for the idea....I will get with the Doctor stat!
drustar
Posted 2013-09-27 7:36 PM (#145993 - in reply to #143838)

New user

Any update would be much appreciated. Both sides are cracked all the way on my bike. Duck tape is working so far.
XRsteve
Posted 2013-09-27 10:53 PM (#146002 - in reply to #143838)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Hope to see something soon...........
witchdoctor
Posted 2013-09-28 11:13 AM (#146012 - in reply to #143838)

Cruiser

I actually got behind. I have also been making some Cross bike body panels that guys want before Daytona. No excuses- I'm working on it today.
opas ride
Posted 2013-09-28 7:10 PM (#146020 - in reply to #143838)

Tourer

Took care of my fender problems and am now riding a Honda F6B..Loved both my Vic's but have longed to return to the flat 6 motor...Good luck with the replacement fenders as Jon will find a good solution....Ride safe......
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™