You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision Tour or XCT
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

jimbo1
Posted 2013-09-20 11:31 PM (#144750 - in reply to #144601)
Subject: Re: Vision Tour or XCT

Puddle Jumper

, OH
bigdogtx - 2013-09-17 2:46 PM

Tried both on demo day, and went with the Vision. My SO says it is even more comfortable for her than the Wing. Less wind and we still have the stock seat, but had to go with a custom seat on the wing. The Vision sure amazes me on just how well it handles.

Ditto exactly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rdbudd
Posted 2013-09-21 10:30 AM (#144759 - in reply to #144749)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Oldman47 - 2013-09-20 9:57 PM

rdbudd - 2013-09-20 8:38 PM "Vision is an old man's bike". That's a new one. Most people who object to the Vision claim it is because the styling is too "futuristic". ?

Ronnie

You bet it is an old man's bike. This old man for one.? A couple of weeks ago I did a two up ride from central Illinois to Niagara Falls Ontario. We carried a week of clothing changes, some spare shoes and each of our portable computers with no trouble. Who needs more storage than that? We were both comfortable the whole way there and back. On the way to the falls we went through Indiana, Michigan and Ontario to get there. It let us skip the Chicago traffic. On the way back we went south through NY, PA and OH so that I could stop in Dayton OH to get my 5000 miles service done. Today, less than 2? weeks later I am at 6300 miles and at least that many smiles.

The Vision will handle with almost any bike on the road, not racers but road bikes. It also has plenty of get up and go and can be readily modified to be incredibly powerful. I have not chosen that path because I find the engine has more power than I really need and I am a tour rider, not a racer.?

Oh, I agree with you 100%. It's the bike for this old man too. I've never owned a bike more comfortable than the Vision, including previous Goldwings. I was just referring to the classic objection that people have to the Vision's styling, IE, it's too futuristic. I find that the younger crowd appreciates the Vision's styling more than the Electra Glide or Goldwing crowd does. Those two groups think the Vision doesn't look enough like "an old man's bike".

This old man's Vision outruns the 1800 Goldwings too, thanks to a little of Lloydz magic dust. That makes a superior touring machine even more superior--and even more fun. My 'Winger riding friends' only claim to superiority after I got the Vision was that the Goldwings were a bit more powerful, which they insisted on proving everytime we went for a ride. They don't want to play anymore, especially with witnesses around.

You would have to know this bunch. All of us old men used to be young crotch-rocket riders, and we still haven't grown up. We ride our touring bikes like they were sport-tourers sometimes.

Ronnie
Victorydecision
Posted 2013-09-26 7:50 AM (#145945 - in reply to #144562)
Subject: RE: Vision Tour or XCT

Puddle Jumper

Well we have made our decision. We are going with the XCT. We are leaving in a couple of hours to go pick it up. Sunset Red.

Thanks for all of your input !!
jimtom
Posted 2013-09-26 7:55 AM (#145946 - in reply to #145945)
Subject: RE: Vision Tour or XCT

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
enjoy your Victory my friend. There is really no wrong answer between these two.
jb.hatch
Posted 2013-09-26 8:29 AM (#145947 - in reply to #144562)

Cruiser

Phenix City AL.
If i was two up a lot I would go with the vision..
YENRABSRIDE
Posted 2014-04-30 7:07 PM (#155818 - in reply to #144575)

Cruiser

CASTRO VALLEY, CA United States
Just went to a Vic Demo and test rode the XCT and Vision again, and it just reiterates I made the right choice by getting a Vision. Even other riders said the ride on the Vision was better. The only negative thing they said about the Vision is the looks. Some like it, some didn't. No one complained about the storage on the Vision until they saw the available storage on the XCT. Like many have said, you cannot go wrong with either bikes. It's a personal preference. I like going to these demos for the free rides and free food, and free t-shirt. I'll go to any demos. Indian is coming up again. Woohoo!
XRsteve
Posted 2014-05-01 7:26 AM (#155830 - in reply to #144562)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
I agree, I like free demo rides. I've ridden CCT's and Indian Chieftains a couple of times each. Nothing wrong with either. But I'm staying with the Vision, It's just bigger, more comfortable and has way better wind protection............AND speaking of demo rides, if you ever get a chance ride a new Yamaha VMax it has a 102 cu in V4 and remember to use a full face helmet if you own one.

Edited by XRsteve 2014-05-01 7:28 AM
Strike
Posted 2014-05-12 5:41 PM (#156210 - in reply to #144562)

Cruiser

San Diego, CA
I guess my opinion will be biased as I have a 2012 CCT, but my vote is with the CCT. Reason being is that it has a ton more storage than the Vision, and a little more driver leg room. I have to honestly say, if they could combine some of the Vision and CCT features into one bike, they'd have a Grand Slam.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™