You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

First Cold Ride
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Victorydecision
Posted 2013-10-07 7:10 PM (#146365)
Subject: First Cold Ride

Puddle Jumper

I am looking forward to my first cold ride in the morning with my heated grips and seat. Looks like it is going to be around 40 degrees when I head out to work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
lennyb
Posted 2013-10-07 7:19 PM (#146366 - in reply to #146365)
Subject: RE: First Cold Ride

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
On a Vision that might be cold for Florida, where I'm guessing you're not. When the 4 becomes a 2 and then a 1 you will be going for your first cold ride.

Still, enjoy your ride.
Victorydecision
Posted 2013-10-07 7:28 PM (#146367 - in reply to #146365)

Puddle Jumper

30's has been my coldest ride on my old Honda VTX. I felt every bit of the wind. Now having the XCT I am looking forward to riding in the cold. I will definitely not be riding when the roads are wet this winter. The wet road combined with the road salt ruined the VTX's wheels, so I hav learned my lesson there. Indiana is were I live so there will be some teens and twenties during the winter.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2013-10-07 7:43 PM (#146368 - in reply to #146365)
Subject: Re: First Cold Ride

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
now im Not saying i have ridden in colder weather than anyone else... NOT EVEN CLOSE. but easter 2009 i rode my 08 vision from pittsburgh pa to Raleigh nc. It was 29 F when i left and when went into the mountains of WV... holy $hit !!! since it sounds like this is your first time really using the grips and seat, you need to understand something about them....... they cycle... on off.. on my 08 i took it into the dealer thinking it was defective.. the dealer themselves thought it was defective !! a call to Victory later explained, thats how they work.... it has to or it would burn out alot sooner (so they said to me) so Dont use the heated seats and grips "in place of" proper clothing.... =)
TimS
Posted 2013-10-07 9:53 PM (#146374 - in reply to #146365)

Iron Butt

Check out Gerbing heated jacket liners and gloves.  You can mount controllers and outlets into your Vision.  You don't have to stop to add/remove layers, just twist the dial and keep riding !!!
Victorydecision
Posted 2013-10-08 6:05 PM (#146403 - in reply to #146365)
Subject: Re: First Cold Ride

Puddle Jumper

Got to work nice and toasty this morning and my friend that has an older Harley said it was freezing out. we started discussing how cold it was and I said just turn on the heated grips and seat and he said what?? He didn't realize that the Victory touring bikes came with the from the factory. Needless to say he call my bike a coach on wheels. LOL.
Rammurry
Posted 2013-10-08 8:29 PM (#146410 - in reply to #146365)

Cruiser

Yep. +1 on the Gerbing. Don't have the gloves, but we both have the jacket liners.
With the lowers, grips and seat; snow and ice is the only thing that should stop you.
varyder
Posted 2013-10-08 9:19 PM (#146413 - in reply to #146365)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Just sayin'...

(snow.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments snow.jpg (40KB - 4 downloads)
TimS
Posted 2013-10-08 10:49 PM (#146416 - in reply to #146365)

Iron Butt

Just got back from a cold evening ride, 2-up with my wifey.  We did the Pacific Ocean/Santa Monica Mountain loop.  There was a bunch of shrimp boats off the coast with their flood lights on.  Neat site to see at night.

It got down to 60 degrees !!! 

I had to button my coat !!! =)

Just put in new headlights, new Lloydz top filter (new model to replace the old foam model), Biketronics BT4180 amp and a new dash switch.  Moved the thermal sensor from behind the left mirror to get more accurate temperature readings.  I needed an excuse to test out the changes.  Maybe a new set of Clearwater driving lights next.

jimtom
Posted 2013-10-11 11:20 AM (#146514 - in reply to #146413)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
this picture was my screen saver for a while I rode Ol' Blue to work this morning . I give her one day a week. It was 55 and I was dressed for the Vision so it was mildly uncomfortably cool. The Vision has spoiled me. I ride year round. It is my only transport (intentionally) so it doesn't matter what the temp is. As long as there is no frozen precip, I ride everyday. We typically have a few days in the 20's every winter. I have ridden in colder.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™