You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Victory Commercials.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

XRsteve
Posted 2013-11-05 5:28 PM (#148569)
Subject: Victory Commercials.

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Nice job, just saw this on FaceBook. Video is high quality and shows some nice Victory bikes, but sad to say no Vision..............Cross Country is obviously the company's bread and butter now...........

http://youtu.be/R5zJPUl80HQ
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Oldman47
Posted 2013-11-05 5:38 PM (#148572 - in reply to #148569)
Subject: Re: Victory Commercials.

Tourer

Central Illinois
So it is all about accessories for the cross roads and cross country. Maybe they decided the Vision started out perfect so why try to improve it.
XRsteve
Posted 2013-11-05 6:00 PM (#148575 - in reply to #148572)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Oldman47 - 2013-11-05 5:38 PM

So it is all about accessories for the cross roads and cross country. Maybe they decided the Vision started out perfect so why try to improve it.

Very good, very good..............If only we'd get a little coverage...........
visionman08
Posted 2013-11-06 8:51 AM (#148587 - in reply to #148569)

Puddle Jumper

Port Charlotte fl.
Yep victory sure did forget about it vision riders ...don't see much ads, news, or discussion about it anymore..

2008 vision premium tour model..

Edited by visionman08 2013-11-06 8:53 AM
visionman08
Posted 2013-11-06 8:52 AM (#148588 - in reply to #148569)

Puddle Jumper

Port Charlotte fl.
Yep victory sure did forget about it vision riders ...don't see much ads, news, or discussion about it anymore..

2008 vision premium tour model..
varyder
Posted 2013-11-06 9:10 AM (#148589 - in reply to #148569)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I sort of like it that way, no sheep among the Vision riders, a lone wolf if anything. I think even Sonny Barger gave up his Vision and is now riding a Cross bike. So be it, I think I'll be able to part out other bikes to keep mine running, or "upgrade" to a later Vision that has been barely ridden, even if Vic dumps the line.

Edited by varyder 2013-11-06 9:11 AM
XRsteve
Posted 2013-11-06 9:41 AM (#148595 - in reply to #148569)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
I know this comes up all the time on this site, but for us that love the Vision lets hope they sell enough each year to keep it in the lineup......... Like varyder said: hey you could keep it running almost forever with "parts" and any Victory 106 will fit in the bike so we have that....
20 10 Vision
Posted 2013-11-06 12:21 PM (#148604 - in reply to #148569)

Tourer

Yep Sonny is riding a X bike. saw him on a white one at Sturgis this year.
jimtom
Posted 2013-11-07 6:33 AM (#148632 - in reply to #148589)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
varyder - 2013-11-06 8:10 AM

I sort of like it that way, no sheep among the Vision riders, a lone wolf if anything. I think even Sonny Barger gave up his Vision and is now riding a Cross bike. So be it, I think I'll be able to part out other bikes to keep mine running, or "upgrade" to a later Vision that has been barely ridden, even if Vic dumps the line.

Most people just don't ride bikes like we do. I bought my 1999 in 2003 with 4,600 on the clock. From a guy in Tampa!bought my 4 year old Vision with 20K on it. For whatever reason, aging/health issues, fair weathers, weekend warriors, Northerners with abbreviated riding seasons due to snow/ice/salt,etc there will be a ton of low mileage Visions for decades to come if they stopped making them today. People here could ride year round in Bama and I can't even shame them into riding unless conditions are perfect. Life is short, ride.
varyder
Posted 2013-11-07 7:07 AM (#148635 - in reply to #148569)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I really don't have an issue about folks on how much they ride, just how they portray themselves about riding. Not wanting to stir the pot, but I have found this to be mostly among the Harley riders. I've known them to plot and track the weather for days just to decide if they are going to ride on the weekend. When they ride, it's never been a ride to work, just the weekend. And, if there is ANY chance of precipitation, there will be no riding, regardless of the general weather. These are the guys that barely top 1,000 miles in a year, yet they will profile and brag themselves about being a Harley rider. If you've got it for show, say so, don't act and dress everyday as though you live the life. But I guess it's, to each their own. The other thing that concerns me is that in this infrequent riding will lead to problems when they do ride. One guy I work with is very safety conscience, yet he crashed on what I consider to be an elementary situation. He lost it when he hit a little sand in the road and spooked, running himself into the ditch and messing up his fuel tank. Fortunately no major hurts, but to him, it was the crash of the lifetime, (let's hope) and all the bulky gear he wears saved him. I advised him to take the safety course again. He doesn't ride as much as he used to, he's been spooked because of that one incident 4 years ago. Yet, he's a Harley rider to the T; well he does ride a V-rod. There's another guy I work with, he rides when he can to work, but mostly on the weekend. He's not one to even talk about riding, but when he does, it's because he did. Anyway, just ride.

Edited by varyder 2013-11-07 7:09 AM
jimtom
Posted 2013-11-07 7:23 AM (#148637 - in reply to #148635)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
no motorcycle "owners " here truly ride no matter what they own. They here about my trips , or my mileage and they think it's just impossible. my friend told a co-worker how many miles I rode last year and he was accused of being "confused" like it wasn't possible or something. riders gettin' soft for the most part, no passion.
XRsteve
Posted 2013-11-07 9:18 AM (#148640 - in reply to #148569)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
varyder, jimtom : You both said alot of truth in those two post.............
SongFan
Posted 2013-11-07 9:42 AM (#148641 - in reply to #148569)
Subject: RE: Victory Commercials.

Visionary

Memphis

The Vision has been suspiciously low profile for a couple of years. 

I get the feeling that the 2015 model will be a whole new look now that the designers have the Indian launch behind them and can focus on Victory again.  The current Vision shape is too devisive but too good of a bike to let die off.  I predict Cross bike size saddlebags and a big digital dash.  Won't be as swoopy but will be more appealing to more people.

This is totally a gut call. I have no info other than what people seem to want.

boatsrfun
Posted 2013-11-07 10:36 AM (#148642 - in reply to #148569)

Cruiser

My favorate car the Honda prelude went with the dodo bird. Is the Victory Vision next?
XRsteve
Posted 2013-11-07 12:23 PM (#148646 - in reply to #148641)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
SongFan - 2013-11-07 9:42 AM

The Vision has been suspiciously low profile for a couple of years.?

I get the feeling that the 2015 model will be a whole new look now that the designers have the Indian launch behind them and can focus on Victory again.? The current Vision shape?is too devisive but too good of a bike to let die off.? I predict Cross bike size saddlebags and a big digital dash.? Won't be as swoopy but will be more appealing to more people.

This is totally a gut call. I have no info other than what people seem to?want.

That would be both interesting and in my opinion nice.........Like all things only time will tell........
viclvr
Posted 2013-11-07 1:48 PM (#148648 - in reply to #148569)

Cruiser

Princeton, MN
Rick Fairless from Stroker's advised me as we talked that the design team , which he is part of, was giving the Vision a complete going over. Try as I might I couldn't get more out of him though. That combined with the fact that Ness did not, for the first year since its inception, make a signature Vision for 14 makes me anxious to see the 15.
varyder
Posted 2013-11-07 3:45 PM (#148651 - in reply to #148569)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
yes, time will tell. It's a new one on me that the same design team does both Indian and Victory. I can see them sharing information and resources, but I can't see two sketch pads in the designers hands when they are in completely different departments. I can see them making subtle changes to the Vision, but if they bag it like a Cross, well, you don't have a Vision, you have a morphed Cross bike.
donetracey
Posted 2013-11-07 5:14 PM (#148655 - in reply to #148569)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
And I'll say it AGAIN !!!

I HOPE the Vision goes the way of the DODO ...

Some of you might have seen this from me before - been saying it for 4 years.

It's real simple - The Fewer Visions On The Road - The More SPECIAL Mine Is !!! C'mon Victory - make something else ...
Oldman47
Posted 2013-11-07 7:06 PM (#148664 - in reply to #148641)

Tourer

Central Illinois
SongFan - 2013-11-07 9:42 AM

I get the feeling that the 2015 model will be a whole new look now that the designers have the Indian launch behind them and can focus on Victory again.  The current Vision shape is too devisive but too good of a bike to let die off. 

I hope you are right about a new design. The Vision is a great bike but it still looks and rides much like the 2008. IMO it is time for a significant redesign.

varyder
Posted 2013-11-07 7:31 PM (#148667 - in reply to #148655)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

donetracey - 2013-11-07 6:14 PM And I'll say it AGAIN !!! I HOPE the Vision goes the way of the DODO ... Some of you might have seen this from me before - been saying it for 4 years. It's real simple - The Fewer Visions On The Road - The More SPECIAL Mine Is !!! C'mon Victory - make something else ...

Don, those are my sentiments, also.  I can predict which way the Vision will go, but I can say it's not gone the way of the herd.  A so-called redesign will be a Vision if people will get what they want.  It'll be more of Cross-breed and look more like a Cross than a Vision.  While the Vision was the basis of the case frame that created the Core and the Cross bikes, and now the Indian, the Vision has been fulfilled.  People still do not recognize it as anything but a beautiful bike, thinking it is a customized Harley.  We'll ride off into the sunset with a big grin while the rest just pose...

baadawg
Posted 2013-11-07 9:26 PM (#148672 - in reply to #148569)

Tourer

Chattanooga, TN
A. I didn't buy my bike so I could see commercials of it. Just saying.
B. I hope they continue to make it. If for no other reason than I can see how few improvements they make each year.

That's all folks.
varyder
Posted 2013-11-07 9:36 PM (#148673 - in reply to #148569)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
It was cool when 6 years ago on "How It's Made" they showed the Vision being assembled in Spirit Lake. The cool factor was my brother called me to tell me he saw my bike on TV. What was cooler is that it was a Midnight Cherry on the line. That's all.
Banjodan
Posted 2013-11-07 9:52 PM (#148676 - in reply to #148569)

Cruiser

the early models will prob. be the most collectable, as were the Camaros,mustangs and such. I think any changes will be to improve issues like front fender, led lighting. I love my vision the way it is, there is no perfect motorcycle. How about a complete new streamlined model, and discontinue the vision. Heck I cant afford a new one anyway....
20 10 Vision
Posted 2013-11-08 10:22 AM (#148691 - in reply to #148569)

Tourer

Saw the 2014 VV at Ness the other day. looks pretty much like a 13. I did not take a close look at storage. will do that next time I am their.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™