You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

The Polaris Plague
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

varyder
Posted 2013-12-12 12:44 PM (#149607 - in reply to #149094)
Subject: Re: The Polaris Plague

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

it says what it says with no relavance to previous year models, as noted, that is a different section. Polaris gave itself an out as stated "If your Indian Motorcycle dealership recommends warranty service at a non-Indian Motorcycle dealer..."

While it seems I have something against Polaris, Victory, or Indian, au contraire, I'm more than content with the products. But it is the "me's" that will not make them money, me buys, me rides, me fix, and does buy again until this one is too worn to ride or fix.  Bad for dealer and the brand. The profits are in those who buy, sell, buy, sell, buy sell, and take their bikes to the dealer more than once a year. Oh, but wait, why do I want to buy this product when the dealer is hours and hours away.

My original and comforting point is that the Indian buyers are getting no preferential treatment above Victory. If you really love the product you buy and are content and make due, but there is little money in that. That's why there is an HD dealer on every corner, and hundreds of HDs that sit in garages with under 10,000 miles on them, and they sell like candy.

Edited by varyder 2013-12-12 12:47 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BrandonM7
Posted 2013-12-14 11:19 AM (#149668 - in reply to #149607)
Subject: Re: The Polaris Plague

Cruiser

LaGrange, GA
varyder - 2013-12-12 1:44 PM

it says what it says with no relavance to previous year models, as noted, that is a different section. Polaris gave itself an out as stated "If your Indian Motorcycle dealership recommends warranty service at a non-Indian Motorcycle dealer..."

While it seems I have something against Polaris, Victory, or Indian, au contraire, I'm more than content with the products. But it is the "me's" that will not make them money, me buys, me rides, me fix, and does buy again until this one is too worn to ride or fix.??Bad for dealer and the brand. The profits are in those who buy, sell, buy, sell, buy sell, and take their bikes to the dealer more than once a year. Oh, but wait, why do I want to buy this product when the dealer is hours and hours away.

My original and comforting point is that the Indian buyers are getting no preferential treatment above Victory. If you really love the product you buy and are content and make due, but there is little money in that. That's why there is an HD dealer on every corner, and hundreds of HDs that sit in garages with under 10,000 miles on them, and they sell like candy.

I agree 100%. You and I are alike, but I may be even worse for them because I typically buy used bikes. The guys they need to court are those who come in and buy a bike, come in for every service, come in just while out on a Saturday ride to see what new t-shirts are in the showroom. Last time in the HD joint with dad I watched a guy get sold a new bike while his bike was having an accessory installed on it - he came to the dealer to order a rack, came to get it installed, ended up getting sold a bike with bags.

People like you and I will do great with Polaris stuff, because they make a quality product. Hell, they rob themselves with us because they make the bike so good I never have to come see them for parts. A good dealer network is what a luxury brand HAS to have. HD has proven it. They've proven that in this segment in the USA a good dealer experience is more important than a good product in regards to company success and profit. Everyone else in this segment is just eating a small piece of their pie.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™