You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

New 13 Hammer owner!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

vortech
Posted 2014-03-31 8:08 AM (#153882)
Subject: New 13 Hammer owner!

New user

Hi everyone, well I'm a new Hammer owner-bought a 13 Hammer and did some mods already. RPW exhaust, Lloyds torque tubes, PC5, black wheels and a tach. it dyno'd 97 rwhp after the mods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gapZtzlNMq4&feature=share&list=UUEHA...

Crazy things is this is my first bike-and I don't even have my licence yet!

Hopefully today I'll go get my written and sign up for some courses as the snow clears around here.

I'm gonna try out this bike thing-been wanting one for a long time now. I'm a speed freak-so if you guys can point me in the right direction as to what I should mod next I would appreciate it!

FWIW-my last car was a daily drivin C5 Vette that I built and tuned to run 8.80@160 on radials.

I want to learn how to drag race this bike too and smash Vrods!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rdbudd
Posted 2014-03-31 11:47 AM (#153887 - in reply to #153882)
Subject: RE: New 13 Hammer owner!

Visionary

Jasper, MO
vortech - 2014-03-31 8:08 AM

Hi everyone, well I'm a new Hammer owner-bought a 13 Hammer and did some mods already. RPW exhaust, Lloyds torque tubes, PC5, black wheels and a tach. it dyno'd 97 rwhp after the mods.

I'm gonna try out this bike thing-been wanting one for a long time now. I'm a speed freak-so if you guys can point me in the right direction as to what I should mod next I would appreciate it!

LLoydz cams and add 1000 RPM rev-limiter increase to your PCV if you haven't already. With the cams, you'll want to shift at 6000-6100 RPM. Therefore, you need your limiter set at 6400-6500 RPM.

Ronnie
Oldman47
Posted 2014-03-31 6:44 PM (#153897 - in reply to #153882)
Subject: Re: New 13 Hammer owner!

Tourer

Central Illinois
Next mod would involve getting a motorcycle endorsement on your license. Try using the Basic Riding Course, BRC, to get your feet on the ground. In some places, but not all, it takes the place of a driving test at the license facility. That would mean only a written test to get that endorsement.
After you are legal, I would suggest 2 more upgrades. The first is insurance and then a timing wheel.
Oldman47
Posted 2014-03-31 6:46 PM (#153898 - in reply to #153882)

Tourer

Central Illinois
Note: if that is your bike in the video stop abusing it. These engines need to warm up properly before you open the throttle or you will cause internal engine damage.
rdbudd
Posted 2014-03-31 8:17 PM (#153900 - in reply to #153897)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
You mean you're supposed to take a test and get a license to ride these things? What will they think of next?

I never did, but I'm an old guy that predates those requirements.

Seriously Mr. Vortech, he is correct about not revving the motor until after it has properly warmed up. Let the bike idle until the computer determines it is up to temperature and the idle drops to the normal level. Your motor will thank you and reward your patience with a long life.

Ronnie
YENRABSRIDE
Posted 2014-04-01 8:35 AM (#153909 - in reply to #153882)

Cruiser

CASTRO VALLEY, CA United States
If you want to "smash vrods", you should've gotten a Ducati Diavel. IMO, not sure a Hammer can do it without some major mods. Also, why are you posting this on the Vision-riders website? You'll get more suggestions on thevog.net by Hammer owners.
rdbudd
Posted 2014-04-01 10:42 AM (#153910 - in reply to #153909)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
YENRABSRIDE - 2014-04-01 8:35 AM

If you want to "smash vrods", you should've gotten a Ducati Diavel. IMO, not sure a Hammer can do it without some major mods. Also, why are you posting this on the Vision-riders website? You'll get more suggestions on thevog.net by Hammer owners.

He posted in the Victory General Discussion area of this website. That is where you are reading his posts, NOT in the Vision specific area.

A stock Vrod weighs about the same as his Hammer, and puts about 113 HP to the ground. They run low to mid 12s at about 114-115 MPH in the quarter mile.

The bikes weigh close to the same, and his Hammer can easily produce 120 HP at the rear wheel without doing "major mods", with just bolt-ons, (although the exhaust system he chose isn't going to help--and probably cost some power).

A VRod is going to give him a good race, if he just gets the cams and raises his rev-limiter to go along with his other mods, like I suggested, and rider skill will probably determine the winner.

Ronnie
Bashcars
Posted 2014-04-02 8:13 PM (#153939 - in reply to #153882)
Subject: RE: New 13 Hammer owner!

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
Based on you post, I suggest a large life insurance policy.
Oldman47
Posted 2014-04-02 8:58 PM (#153942 - in reply to #153882)

Tourer

Central Illinois
It looks to me like he posted here http://www.hammer-riders.com/bb/category-view.asp?catlock=9
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™