You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Brake light modulator help
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Zig-Zag
Posted 2014-04-08 1:55 PM (#154082)
Subject: Brake light modulator help

Puddle Jumper

LaFayette, GA United States
All my other bikes had an LED liscense frame with a brake light modulator installed. I've always used the ones from Signal Dynamics in Florida without any problem. I'm a firm believer in being seen and heard. The one pictured is on my Suzuki S50. I want to get the same setup for my 2012 XR, but I've heard that messing around too much with the lighting circuits can screw up the cruise control.

Also, I just ordered the pulsing headlight modulator. I've had one on my last four bikes. Has anyone done a mod like either of these to your Victory? Did it cause any problems? Any advice will be apreciated.

Edited by Zig-Zag 2014-04-08 2:09 PM

(LED Plate.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments LED Plate.jpg (38KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
willtill
Posted 2014-04-08 2:36 PM (#154086 - in reply to #154082)
Subject: Re: Brake light modulator help

Visionary

Central Maryland
I have the Kisan headlight modulators on my 2011 Vision. Other than the rear of the headlamps to be a bitch to work with (little room for fingers/hands) the modulators cause no issues.
gr8punkin
Posted 2014-04-08 4:59 PM (#154087 - in reply to #154082)

Cruiser

Albuquerque NM
I have the Back Off modulator and license plate ring on my vision, and it caused no issues. I just tapped into the brake light and running light wires under the seat and followed directions.
Zig-Zag
Posted 2014-04-09 6:56 PM (#154120 - in reply to #154082)

Puddle Jumper

LaFayette, GA United States
Thanks for the encouraging words, I'm installing the headlight modulator tomorrow. The Back Off Liscense frame/module has to wait a while.
okie vision
Posted 2014-04-09 8:25 PM (#154123 - in reply to #154082)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
I have that same frame from Signal Dynamics. Took it off my Yamaha and put it on the trailer we pull w/ the Vision.
I understand wanting to use it on the bike, it's a nice product.
Nozzledog
Posted 2014-04-11 1:36 AM (#154139 - in reply to #154082)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I had to add a 25ohm resistor w/ heat sink so the cruise control would still be able to find ground. I think a 50 or 100ohm would have worked just as well. It just had to have a constant ground that the Back-Off modulator interrupted. I don't know if the X bikes have the same issue since they use LED brake lights. LEDs have a built in ground issue that would have already been corrected for. PM me if you run into any problems.

Edited by Nozzledog 2014-04-11 1:49 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™