You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

New Vision Owner
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

VIKVISE
Posted 2014-04-13 9:09 PM (#154199)
Subject: New Vision Owner

Puddle Jumper

Stoughton, WI
I've been following this site for over a year and have enjoyed getting educated about the vision. I sold my wing last summer and just bought a 2011 vision I found on this site. BIG upgrade to the vision, I still ride with my wing buddies and I know I will convert some of them, it true, once you ride a vision you want one. Thanks to all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Oldman47
Posted 2014-04-14 12:55 AM (#154202 - in reply to #154199)
Subject: Re: New Vision Owner

Tourer

Central Illinois
Welcome to the forum VIKVISE.
Next thing you know you will be adding lots of performance goodies.
Don07tncav
Posted 2014-04-14 4:53 AM (#154207 - in reply to #154199)

Cruiser

Welcome VIC!
rdbudd
Posted 2014-04-14 10:16 AM (#154220 - in reply to #154199)
Subject: RE: New Vision Owner

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Welcome VIKVISE.

From one former Goldwing rider to another, just so you know, if you ever wish your Vision had a little more power to keep up with your Goldwing buddies, it is very easy and not very expensive to get performance exceeding the Goldwing with just bolt-on parts (just three parts will do it--and there's even more if you want it), and while keeping the stock quiet exhaust (which performs very well). In fact, you can have it in 3 or 4 hours time and they will never know why your bike outruns theirs, unless you tell them.

You're just a dayride away from one of the top tuners in the country. You could literally ride over in the morning, and ride home again the same day with a 30% increase (or more) in power, and your buddies would never know until you motored away from them. http://www.thevicshop.com/

Ronnie
DarthMonolith
Posted 2014-04-14 1:26 PM (#154229 - in reply to #154220)

Puddle Jumper

Great Mills, MD
rdbudd - 2014-04-14 11:16 AM

Welcome VIKVISE.

From one former Goldwing rider to another, just so you know, if you ever wish your Vision had a little more power to keep up with your Goldwing buddies, it is very easy and not very expensive to get performance exceeding the Goldwing with just bolt-on parts (just three parts will do it--and there's even more if you want it), and while keeping the stock quiet exhaust (which performs very well). In fact, you can have it in 3 or 4 hours time and they will never know why your bike outruns theirs, unless you tell them.

You're just a dayride away from one of the top tuners in the country. You could literally ride over in the morning, and ride home again the same day with a 30% increase (or more) in power, and your buddies would never know until you motored away from them. http://www.thevicshop.com/

Ronnie

What 3 parts?
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-04-14 6:38 PM (#154245 - in reply to #154199)

Visionary

Welcome
say on the inside of the front fender there are bolts (black half) check to see both side are tight PLEASE they are know to be loose and crack fender
rdbudd
Posted 2014-04-14 6:51 PM (#154248 - in reply to #154229)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
DarthMonolith - 2014-04-14 1:26 PM

rdbudd - 2014-04-14 11:16 AM

Welcome VIKVISE.

Ronnie

What 3 parts?

Lloydz VM1 cams, top intake filter, and VFCIII put my bike very slightly head of the Goldwing, with the exception of top speed, due to the limiters. Drag races were very close (the Vision's 5500 RPM rev-limiter really holds it back), the Vision had the advantage in same gear roll-ons (until would I hit that stupid 5500 RPM rev-limiter), and the Goldwing's top speed limiter is set higher than the Vision's, although the Vision would get to 120 MPH before the Goldwing, and then hit the artificial limiter and then the Goldwing could get by.

I then had Lloydz reprogram my ECU. Now, the Goldwing is behind the Vision in every category. It's about 4 to 5 MPH faster through the quarter mile on any given day (got time slips to prove it--Vision and Goldwing lined up together) and the Vision is at least 10 MPH faster on the top end than the Goldwing on any given day.

I'm running the stock exhaust. There is nothing to see--or hear. Looks and sounds 100% stock. Fuel economy is basically unchanged when checked by hand (although the trip computer lies and says it is 4 or 5 MPG better). The Goldwing holds about 7/10ths a gallon more gas than the Vision, and we range about the same miles on a tank on trips, the Vision nearly always getting a little better MPG than the Goldwing under all conditions.

Whether you use the VFCIII or PCV fuel controller, you need the rev-limiter set at 6400-6500 RPM to get all the cams have to offer. Lloydz ECU gives you 6400 RPM in every gear and a better timing curve. The PCV adds RPM over the stock ECU if you go that way. The stock ECU has rev limits of 5250 in 1st gear, 5500 in 2nd through 5th gears, and 4550 RPM in 6th gear (120 MPH). The PCV 500 RPM addition isn't enough. Ask for the 1000 RPM increase if you use the PCV.

Three parts will get you more torque and horsepower than the Goldwing. The Vision's stock rev and speed limiters hold you back in situations where you're going all out for the gold. In most normal riding situations (below 5500 RPM), you won't notice the limitations, but will notice the extra power.

Goldwings typically dyno around 100HP 105TQ. The Vision with just the cams, intake, and fuel controller will usually be around 110/110 (yes, through the stock exhaust).

The fourth, an increase in the rev-limiter, puts you easily in front of the Goldwing any time you want to be.

I spent $1290.78, including labor by a top wrench, and Lloydz ECU, to get these results, but that has been a few years ago. Prices have gone up a little.

Lloydz has even more if you want it. He has come out with adjustable timing wheels, adjustable intakes, and different cams that can also be added, since I did mine. The new power curves available are even better than mine.

Here's why the rev-limiter matters when you're going up against Goldwings http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=8212&pos...

Ronnie

Edited by rdbudd 2014-04-14 7:07 PM
DarthMonolith
Posted 2014-04-15 12:18 PM (#154268 - in reply to #154248)

Puddle Jumper

Great Mills, MD
Thanks, I was thinking about adding Cams, top filter, adjustable timing and a fuel controller.
rdbudd
Posted 2014-04-15 7:36 PM (#154300 - in reply to #154268)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
DarthMonolith - 2014-04-15 12:18 PM

Thanks, I was thinking about adding Cams, top filter, adjustable timing and a fuel controller.

You'll be pleased with that combination. If you do not have your rev-limiter raised with those mods, you'll quickly see why I recommend doing so. That 5500 RPM limit comes up FAST with those mods, and the motor is still pulling hard when you hit it. The 5500 RPM limit feels like you just hit a wall, and leaves a lot on the table. Raising the rev-limiter won't increase your peak power much, if any, but the power band is wider, keeping your average numbers higher during the gear shifts.

The motor pulls hard all the way past 6000 RPM with the mods you plan. Shifting at 6000-6100 keeps you in the best part of the VM1 cams' powerband as you shift gears during a drag race, especially during that important 1st to 2nd gear shift. During a drag race, it's all about keeping the engine in the range where the highest average power results (known as the area under the curve). The important curve to look at is the torque curve--not just peak horsepower.

Your parts list will give you a very wide and high torque curve, wider and higher than the highly praised Goldwing's--IF you access it all by raising your rev-limiter.

Ronnie
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™