You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

2013 Vision Garmin Zumo 665 Install
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

MINESS31
Posted 2014-04-25 9:39 PM (#155633)
Subject: 2013 Vision Garmin Zumo 665 Install

New user

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum. I just picked up a new 2013 Arlen Ness Victory Vision and need some advice on how to hook up the Garmin Zumo 665LM GPS. The dealership is install the victory 660 GPS mount and hooking up the wires/ cables. Based on one of the post I have read there is a slight mod required to get the 665LM to work correctly with the Victory mount. Can someone please provide some guidance on what exactly is required?

Also, any thoughts on a better GPS that would work with the visions integrated system would be appreciated. Or is the 665 the best there is? Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ScoreBo
Posted 2014-05-04 4:57 AM (#155918 - in reply to #155633)
Subject: RE: 2013 Vision Garmin Zumo 665 Install

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
I got your message - it looks like the guy I was linking the pictures from deleted them :-( . I got the 665 because I wanted the XM weather. However, the 665 will power up and all the sounds for the unit will come thru without touching a thing, but the GXM40 antenna for the XM feature won't work without the mod you read about.

This really is an easy fix and I am going from memory so I will need to be vague. Inside the actual cradle assembly on the bike (the Victory one) there is a small electronic board that needs to be swapped with the one that came with your GPS in the box (pictured below).

The one in your box should look like this

Disassemble the one you have in the box first and it will all make sense. If I recall, there are two small sub-wire assemblies that simply need to be unplugged to remove the board . The boards look identical, but they are not.

You might ask yourself, "why don't I just swap out the entire harness?" The answer is because they aren't even close to being the same.

Here is the Vic unit

As I stated in the post you found before, just watch the spring and ball that are inside the cradle (used for the release) as they could go flying when you open it up.

Post up if you have anymore questions.

Edited by ScoreBo 2014-05-04 4:58 AM
Turk
Posted 2014-05-06 9:49 AM (#155961 - in reply to #155633)
Subject: Re: 2013 Vision Garmin Zumo 665 Install

Iron Butt

From memory, this is exactly what I did to get my 665 working 2 years ago.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™