You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Tailpipes cut to 1 5/8"
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Zig-Zag
Posted 2014-05-17 7:18 AM (#156440)
Subject: Tailpipes cut to 1 5/8"

Puddle Jumper

LaFayette, GA United States
I ride a 2012 XR that I bought last October and I thought it was stock. My mechanic told me that someone had drilled out the mufflers. We looked up the tailpipe and you could see all the way through to the other end.

In my quest for a little more rumble, I decided to cut the tailpipes down to 1 5/8" to see what difference that would make. I re-installed the stock tips and fired it up. I was pleasantly surprised... The exhaust now has a very nice tone. It's a little louder and has a nice bark when you get on it. It's still plenty quiet enough not to piss off any neighbors and now it sounds more like a motorcycle should.

I was surprised that trimming the pipes would have the effect it did. So, here's your chance to throw in your two cents worth... If everything else is stock on the bike, and I believe it is, should I do any fuel mods or anything? The bike seems to run fine, has good power, and doesn't pop after it's warmed up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cw1115
Posted 2014-05-17 2:12 PM (#156443 - in reply to #156440)
Subject: Re: Tailpipes cut to 1 5/8"

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
When I got may 2013 Vision I drilled a 1 5/8" hole thru the baffle until I had the money for aftermarket pipes.
That is the size KevinX told me to drill. He also had me disconnect the O2 sensors. This will keep the computer in open loop mode and richen it up a bit. Otherwise you will run too lean which is bad.
Mine definitely sounded better than stock, but not what I was looking for.

Edited by cw1115 2014-05-17 2:13 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™