You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Non Vision Fun Read
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

handyhiker
Posted 2014-06-10 2:14 PM (#158243)
Subject: Non Vision Fun Read

Cruiser

Akron, Ohio
Taken from a 1962 Honda Motor Cycle Instruction Book.
Translated by Honda for the American Motorcycle Rider.

The following rules for motorists are so successful in Japan, that American motorcycle riders might profitably paste them in their hats.
1.At the rise of the hand by Policeman, stop rapidly. Do not pass him by or otherwise disrespect him.
2.When a passenger of the foot, hooves in sight, tootel the horn trumpet melodiously at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootel him with vigor and express by word of mouth, warning Hi, Hi.
3.Beware of the wandering horse that he shall not take fright as you pass him. Do not explode the exhaust box at him. Go soothingly by.
4.Give big space to the festive dog that makes sport in roadway. Avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes.
5.Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon. Press the brake foot as you roll around the corners, and save the collapse and tie up.

Thank you to: George Thomsen for saving this bit of motorcycle memorabilia. A long time machinist, mechanic, and motorcycle enthusiast, from the 1950's to current.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
lennyb
Posted 2014-06-10 8:32 PM (#158255 - in reply to #158243)
Subject: Re: Non Vision Fun Read

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Making copies to go in each hat (helmet).

Hope that this isn't a literal translation of the original writing.

Edited by lennyb 2014-06-10 8:34 PM
Oldman47
Posted 2014-06-10 9:49 PM (#158257 - in reply to #158243)

Tourer

Central Illinois
My '70 Kawasaki came with an owner's manual that could have been written by the same guy. I have no idea how technical writing was done in those days but it was certainly not written by someone fluent in the english language.
rdbudd
Posted 2014-06-10 10:51 PM (#158261 - in reply to #158255)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
lennyb - 2014-06-10 8:32 PM

Hope that this isn't a literal translation of the original writing.

The owner's manuals for my Dad's 1963 Honda Benly Touring (150) and my 1965 Honda CL77 (305 Scrambler) were written by the same guy and used the same broken and mis-applied English.

BTW, the charging system on that CL77 made the Lucas systems on the Brit bikes look positively modern in comparison. The Brit's were far more reliable. Hondas have come a long way since then.

Ronnie
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™