You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Victory Across America Mileage Challenge
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2014-06-11 5:08 PM (#158278)
Subject: Victory Across America Mileage Challenge

Fountain Inn, SC United States
New Press Release from Victory:

Take the Victory Across America Mileage Challenge

If You Ride the Most Miles, Victory Will Pay for Your Bike

Riders Have from June 1-July 31, 2014, to Log Miles on a New Victory

MEDINA, Minn. (May 31, 2014) Victory Motorcycle riders live for the ride, and Victory is supporting their high-mileage passion with the Victory Across America Mileage Challenge. Victory will reward the rider who puts the highest mileage on their new Victory this summer by paying for their bike.

The Victory Across America Mileage Challenge works like this: Purchase a new Victory Motorcycle between June 1, 2014, and July 31, 2014, and have the Victory dealer record the odometer reading at the time of purchase. Stop back at the dealership on or before July 31, 2014, and have the dealer record and submit the mileage you have rolled up. Victory will pay for the motorcycle ridden by the Victory rider who rolls up the highest mileage during the Victory Across America Mileage Challenge.

"Victory riders love to ride, it's what they live for, and we?re supporting their love of the open road with the new Victory Across America Mileage Challenge," said Steve Menneto, Polaris VP Motorcycles, who has logged an Iron Butt ride on a Victory Cross Country. "We know our riders will love the challenge of riding as much as possible on a new Victory Motorcycle with the opportunity to have us pay for their new bike. We expect to see some very impressive mileage."

Along with getting to enjoy riding a new Victory this summer?and being eligible to win the Victory Across America Mileage Challenge?a rider can take advantage of outstanding offers including rebates, low-interest rate financing, and a 2-year extended service contract (ESC) by purchasing a new Victory now. (Limited-time offers vary by location. Details about specific current offers are available at http://www.VictoryMotorcycles.com.)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2014-06-11 5:11 PM (#158280 - in reply to #158278)
Subject: RE: Victory Across America Mileage Challenge

Fountain Inn, SC United States
And there's more:

Buy Your New Bike Now to Receive Bonus Mileage
Riders have two opportunities to earn bonus mileage toward their Victory Across America Mileage Challenge total:

• A rider will receive a 1,000-mile bonus for purchasing their new Victory Motorcycle after riding at a Victory demo event.

• Complete details about the Victory Across America Mileage Challenge are available from Victory Motorcycles dealers and at http://www.VictoryMotorcycles.com. Here are answers to Victory Across America Mileage Challenge FAQ:

• Any new -- not currently registered -- Victory Motorcycle is eligible.
  • The rider must revisit their Victory dealer on or before July 31, 2014, to have the dealer record the final odometer mileage.

• The qualifying mileage will be the difference between the initial odometer reading at the time of purchase and the final reading.

• Victory Motorcycles will pay the rider what the rider paid for the motorcycle, excluding tax, title, registration, etc.
varyder
Posted 2014-06-11 5:22 PM (#158281 - in reply to #158278)
Subject: Re: Victory Across America Mileage Challenge

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
hmmmm....
Boots
Posted 2014-06-11 8:07 PM (#158284 - in reply to #158281)

Tourer

New Mexico
varyder - 2014-06-11 4:22 PM

hmmmm....

It's only fair that you have given the rest of the country an 11 day headstart...
jimtom
Posted 2014-06-13 5:02 AM (#158299 - in reply to #158278)
Subject: RE: Victory Across America Mileage Challenge

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
I wish I was in a position to do that.
varyder
Posted 2014-06-13 6:45 AM (#158300 - in reply to #158278)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I ride a slow steady pace, meaning that I ride everyday, but not a lot of miles everyday. When I saw this, and IF I was retired, I could take two months and rack up some miles. That'll be the winner of this deal, or someone like Steve Roland who has the drive to put 10,000 miles on in 10 days. My guess is the winner will have well over 30,000 miles on the bike and the second and third runner up with around 27,000 miles and 25,000 miles, more than my current annual miles. I believe I'm the only published highest mile Vision, however, I believe there is a few out there that has me topped or is topping me in miles per year. My best mileage per year was the first year at right at 30,000. I've dropped off to about 23,000 miles a year, meaning I'll probably fall short of 175,000 miles come November. Sorry to rattle on, as always. But, I would think Steve would be at the dealer as we speak signing the papers as he's plotting out his next four IBA rides over the next two months. Go Steve.
jimtom
Posted 2014-06-13 6:49 AM (#158302 - in reply to #158300)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
varyder - 2014-06-13 6:45 AM

I ride a slow steady pace, meaning that I ride everyday, but not a lot of miles everyday. When I saw this, and IF I was retired, I could take two months and rack up some miles. That'll be the winner of this deal, or someone like Steve Roland who has the drive to put 10,000 miles on in 10 days. My guess is the winner will have well over 30,000 miles on the bike and the second and third runner up with around 27,000 miles and 25,000 miles, more than my current annual miles. I believe I'm the only published highest mile Vision, however, I believe there is a few out there that has me topped or is topping me in miles per year. My best mileage per year was the first year at right at 30,000. I've dropped off to about 23,000 miles a year, meaning I'll probably fall short of 175,000 miles come November. Sorry to rattle on, as always. But, I would think Steve would be at the dealer as we speak signing the papers as he's plotting out his next four IBA rides over the next two months. Go Steve.

If I had free time and gas money...but i will disagree with one thing. I believe you are the outright highest mileage Vision.
varyder
Posted 2014-06-13 8:27 AM (#158303 - in reply to #158278)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
If so, it's a crying shame. This is one mean ridin' machine.
amessen
Posted 2014-06-13 11:36 AM (#158304 - in reply to #158278)

Cruiser

Belding Michigan
I believe you are the highest mileage and they should recognize that but sadly they don't. However your name get bandied around a lot when some one says that they want a bike that will hold up for the long haul. I trot your mileage along with a few other on the site out and say this is what a Victory does. All my current riding buddies now ride Victory's and they are all in love with the choice. Thanks for setting the pace that means with reasonable care my bike will last the rest of my life at the rate I can ride. Archie
willtill
Posted 2014-06-13 1:27 PM (#158305 - in reply to #158278)

Visionary

Central Maryland
One would think you could rig up a contraption to accumulate those miles...

...without actually going anywhere. And get a free bike out of the deal.

Edited by willtill 2014-06-13 1:27 PM
gr8punkin
Posted 2014-06-13 2:57 PM (#158306 - in reply to #158305)

Cruiser

Albuquerque NM
+1
I was surprised when I read the rules that it wasn't more like the IBA rides where gas receipts, or at least some sort of paper trail showing that distance was traveled not just dyno miles.
varyder
Posted 2014-06-13 3:20 PM (#158307 - in reply to #158278)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure there will be interviews and inspection before final announcement.
kevinx
Posted 2014-06-13 6:59 PM (#158310 - in reply to #158278)

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
What's the point.......Rollin is just gamma wait till the last week, and do some crazy 50 state, and 20 South and Central American country Iron Butt
varyder
Posted 2014-06-13 7:09 PM (#158311 - in reply to #158278)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Baaaahaaaaa, that's right!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™